55-200VR Test shots

I couldn't resist this lens for the price. This makes a nice light weight option to my collection. The results so far are pretty good. I think.

55 mm
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

135 mm
View attachment 99029

200 mm
View attachment 99030

Oh dear - reading the Ken Rockwell site and he seems to like it as well. I think this post is going to cost money. Any other demo photos?

I have this lens and I really really like it.. until I had a chance to play with the 70-200mm 2.8 VR...

ah... one day one day I'll get the 2.8!!! but great shots though. For 250 bucks... it is a no brainer lens, AF-S, VR, SWM... 55-200mm??? for under 300 bucks???! and NIKON? anyone thinking about a cheap lens shouldn't even think twice.

I was a little peeved when I saw that lens come out, but it looks like my non-VR version may have better optics. It has 2 ED elements instead of 1, one of which is a big one right at the front where it counts. IQ is great for the price. I paid $170 for my non-VR version. But the handling is pretty bad. It's so light that it's difficult to stabilize it yourself and then it doesn't have VR which really limits the circumstances where you can use it. I'll probably put this one up for sale whenever I upgrade.

I have been pretty happy with mine so far:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom