6/21/13...We Lost Ollie

When I first saw Ollie ten years ago at the Humane Society in Daytona Beach, he broke away from the other kittens and climbed up some crates where he was not supposed to be. He was cute and that behavior reminded me of myself when I was a kid, so I took him home to Tina and our 11 and 12 year old girls where he was welcomed with open arms. Since that day he would rule the house and befriend our two dogs. He'd always welcome guests and scratch at the door, while at times causing us to trip over him at night and occasionally he would throw up cat food on the tile floor. He chased birds and lizards daily and could be found every evening on our girls' laps while they studied or watched TV. Following a brief and unexpected illness he left us suddenly, peacefully and painlessly yesterday. We'll miss the little guy.

0622j_zps2e1f7b95.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

So sorry to hear of your loss... :frown:

Ollie was a handsome fella and sounds like he was a good friend...

Sorry for your loss. A beautiful cat and wonderful companion.

Real Name
Dan
Sorry for your loss. It's amazing how close we become with our non-human companions. It's tough but in the long run the memories bring smiles rather than tears and our lives are the richer for having had the experience of their company.

Sorry to hear. Beautiful cat.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom