60 micro + R1

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Harry S., Apr 7, 2007.

1. Igor's recent post encouraged me to spend a few hours in my garden and give the R1 its first macro engagement (only used it for people shots so far). Since I bought the UR-5 this week I used the 60/2.8 Micro exclusively today.

I love the R1, also because I am a lazy tripod user :smile: , and with this combo you can get very good results hand held.

Here are a few of the better ones:

original.

original.

original.

original.

Actually, this is a terrible weed but gives a very nice photo subject - Stellaria nemorosa (flowers have a diameter of about 5 mm).

original.

original.

Another weed (Glechoma hederacea)

original.

Finally, my daughter put an end to my session. She was a bit sad because I preferred to play with my camera instead of her. It was a good coincidence because the batteries of the R1 gave in anyway, so I took a last shot of her - more than 1 stop underexposed because of the low batteries but since I shot with ISO 100 the pic could be saved without problems.

Could you resist this look? I couldn't.

original.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2007
  2. JDar

JDar

Jan 28, 2007
    TX/NM
    I understand about the tripod avoidance. Those are good shots including your daughter who encouraged you to put first things first.

3. Thanks! Almost thought my post will go unnoticed :smile:
    I also wanted to do similar shots with the 85/2.8 PC + 500D but was too busy on monday.

Oh yes, she is very good in this.

Cheers

4. Great shots but MAN that look from your daughter! She is NOT happy in that one

5. Thanks Dave! I was lucky that she was only "sad". Had she been angry she would have thrown something at me or bit me :smile:

Cheers