60 mm f/2.8

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by warren, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Looking for good quality used 60 mm lense while i save for a 200mm.

2. saturnine

saturnine Guest

I've been looking for one for...well, it seems like forever! It seems like I miss all the good deals (both on forums and eBay :()

3. Wish me luck. I may have to go ahead and just buy a new one.

4. saturnine

saturnine Guest

Good luck! :) I have no doubt that the 60 f/2.8 is worth the 'new' price, but I'm a starving college student, hahaha.

5. rebrewer

rebrewer

Aug 1, 2005
    Davis, CA
    How about a MF 55 while you wait? Do you think you'll really need AF that much for macro work? I find I turn off AF on my 200micro quite frequently.

Bob

6. I will consider the 55mm. Thanks for your advice.

7. saturnine

saturnine Guest

Oh my gosh, I'm getting the 60mm f/2.8D on Thursday (day after tomorrow)!!! I am so insanely happy right now....so my head will probably explode when I actually GET IT.

8. Congrats! But maybe you should take precautions and tape your head or something :lol: , would be a pity if such a pretty face bursts into pieces :lol:

Cheers

9. Please don't overlook Sigma 50mm EX non DG.

Really well made/built and very very sharp. On some tests it even beat the Nikon. You won't regret that sigma. I found it stunning.

Cheaper too

10. The beauty of the 60mm micro is that it's very versatile. It's an excellent portrait lens, and good for general purpose work, too. I use it in manual focus mode for product work, but would get much less use from it if it didn't have AF for all that other stuff.

11. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Darn - I just sold mine.

But I used it for a good cause . . . to fund D2X

Good luck - one thing though, I found it too sharp for portraits but an absolute killer for macro work.

12. debult

debult

Jun 11, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I am considering the 55 Micro as this lens is said to be a better performer at "infinity". Any opinions on this - compared to the 60 mm?

13. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

14. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Grace! - did you get your lens? Bjørn's review not-withstanding, I think the 60's an excellent lens for anything that's a meter or less in front of you. It'll give you the ultimate in detail in that range.

15. saturnine

saturnine Guest

Yes, I got it!! Oh my goodness, it is such a sweet lens. I'm going to be playing with it ALL day today (my friends are throwing a going away party for one our best buds and you can BET i'm going to go crazy with it). I generally do my macros in close range, and I can get up to about 5 inches with this baby and get super sharp images :drool:

I'll definitely post my results tonight. I can't wait!

16. I am anxious to see the posts with the new lense. I am glad you were able to get one so quickly.

17. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Looking forward to your posts as well. It's a great little lens and one of my favorites...