600mm @ 5.6

from office windows, ISO640, sb800

sigma 300/2.8 + 2.0 TC

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

cropped

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

G

Gr8Tr1x

Stack the other TC on and see what happens...just for grins.

Randy, did you take this through the glass window as on my monitor it looks a bit soft. I know I have a 1986 Nikon 300 2.8 and with a tamaron or Kenco 2X it's like there is nothing in the way but I think that is true of all F2.8 prime lenses. I have stacked the 2X and 1.4 on my old one and used a window mount and it did very well for such an old piece of glass. As a matter of fact I have three Nikon lens that are F2.8 and the 80 to 200 D mount is very very sharp with a 2X. Much better than my 70 to 200 VRG.
Lou

Randy, did you take this through the glass window as on my monitor it looks a bit soft. I know I have a 1986 Nikon 300 2.8 and with a tamaron or Kenco 2X it's like there is nothing in the way but I think that is true of all F2.8 prime lenses. I have stacked the 2X and 1.4 on my old one and used a window mount and it did very well for such an old piece of glass. As a matter of fact I have three Nikon lens that are F2.8 and the 80 to 200 D mount is very very sharp with a 2X. Much better than my 70 to 200 VRG.
Lou

no window and it's def not soft
poss some bird movement since the ss was too slow but i was on a tripod....very shady spot that time of the day

Great Randy. I love my Sigma. I was a bit apprehensive after the disappointment of the Bigma, but they really make a nice, reasonably priced telephoto. Wish I could afford the Nikon glass, but that's not to be. Very nice work.

Rich

Great Randy. I love my Sigma. I was a bit apprehensive after the disappointment of the Bigma, but they really make a nice, reasonably priced telephoto. Wish I could afford the Nikon glass, but that's not to be. Very nice work.

Rich
thx Rich, i just sold my bigma, it's not a bad lens but i am spoiled by primes....the sigma 300/2.8 is a fine lens and may get me to not get the nikon altho the vr might be nice for these little birds...

i've had mixed results w/ sigmas
my 150 2.8 is a great lens
the 30 1.4 i sold, good iq but poor AF perf
i like the 10-20
i returned a 70-200, poor af perf

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom