60mm 2.8 macro

Here are a few samples from the AF-D version:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Both output very nicely. Sharper than sharp. Good corner to corner performance. Contrasty. The newer version has upgraded the handling of the lens. AF-S is very quick and the new barrel design gives a slightly different balance that I like better. And NANO coating.:eek: With the older version's pricing being driven down by the newer version and the value of the new improvements make either a great acquisition.

Here's a few I shot when I first got the lens to get a feel for it and a few of my family. At full resolution, the images are pretty spectacular.

http://matsubayashi.zenfolio.com/p93574989/

Everything I've heard is that the new AF-S version is sharper, especially at medium to longer distances. The new version is also seems to have really nice bokeh.

Here's mine:tongue:
sal

I seem to specialize in discontinued cameras and lenses these days, so I can only show you samples from the non-AFS, non-Nano (whatever that is) version of the 60 micro. It's a versatile lens, so I'll try to show it's range.

View attachment 216918

View attachment 216919

View attachment 216920

View attachment 216921

View attachment 216922

View attachment 216923

View attachment 216924

Very nice Frank. If you were to have only one mid-range prime would you recommend this one? I have a 50 1.8 now, but want to shoot some macro (mostly flowers) and think I might trade up from the 50 for the 60?

Very nice Frank. If you were to have only one mid-range prime would you recommend this one?
Tough call. When I started out, I opted for the 60 micro instead of one of the 50s. It was all about trade-offs... the big aperture vs. close focusing capability. If you can't decide which characteristic is more important to your personal style, perhaps you should consider the 35/2, which is in the middle. It focuses closer than the 50/1.8, and is faster than the 60/2.8.

Here you go...handheld using the 60mm AF-D.

View attachment 216929

View attachment 216930

Things could be a bit more in focus if I wasn't so lazy about using the tripod. It's a great lens, I use it all the time...I have never used the latest 60mm AF-S but if they have improved on the AF-D it's gotta be killer!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom