1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

60mm 2.8 Micro (non-D)

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by DrewC, Jun 25, 2007.

1. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    havent seen a thread regarding this lens in a while, and i recently won one on ebay... i would like to kno what people think of it. please share your opinions.

thanks
    -drew

2. It is one of the best Nikon lenses (and not only for macro).
    Extremely sharp too.

3. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    well thats good to hear, hopefully that... and my camera... show up in good shape, and i will have got a smokin' deal!

4. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    anybody else??

5. Leif

Leif

Feb 12, 2006
    England
    Spot on.

6. The 60/2.8 is an outstanding lens. With the mult. factor of digital it makes an outstanding portrait lens.
    I see that you have an F4s coming your way.
    That was my all time favorite camera before digital. I went digital, ended up selling my F4s and don't regret it.
    But if you want to shoot film, I cannot imagine a finer camera.
    Enjoy it and let us know how you like it when you get it!

7. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    hey, well thats for the support guys... i broke the bank with my new equipment but it really feels like it'll be worth it. too bad i have the focal length tripled...

-drew

8. patrickh41

patrickh41 Guest

That 60 micro is renowned as one of the sharpest made by Nikon. You will however find that it is not popular as a portrait lens because it is too sharp (shows all the wrinkles). Great lens

9. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    nothing a little photoshop can't fix... right?

10. Right. It's much easier to introduce a little blur than to sharpen things up!

11. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    so onto another question... in all practicality... can i skip buying my 35-70 2.8 if i own the 60 2.8? just use the ol'e foot zoom? or should i quadruple the focal range (approximate)

12. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    well, it showed up today (finally) and so far i love it. i havent shot any digital with it, just film, but the negs looked great. and the new F4s is working just as good! i'm so excited.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.