60mm Macro

Arsenal is what I had in mind. I'm on the pre-order list too.

One of my main interests is wildflowers, but they are harder to stack as they seldom stay still like fungi.

The smaller fungi suffer the same fate even in the slightest breeze. I'm looking forward to getting back out chasing native orchids again. Although a couple of states in Australia enjoy native flowers all year round, here in Victoria they don't start flowering until spring.

Here is a 10 image focus stack of a Flying Duck Orchid. The flower is approximately the size of a dime. As with fungi, I usually head out early in the morning before the breeze picks up for these types of shots. Unfortunately that doesn't work for sun orchids which don't open until close to midday, and above 22degC

25201108117_d36dcd8635_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I took the 60mm out for a spin this morning to see how it performs now we're heading into Native Orchid season. It works okay, but I prefer a longer focal length for orchids. Looking forward to trying the Olympus OM-D E-M1 MKII with 60mm lens on the native orchids, which hopefully I will do next weekend. Otherwise I'll stick with Nikon bodies and longer macro lenses.

#1 Mosquito Orchid
41308926660_0460620fb9_b.jpg

#2 Nodding Greenhood
41308926980_e4d7623e37_b.jpg

#3 Trim Greenhood
42215816605_57fcf86e3e_b.jpg

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom