60mm micro for sports?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Uncle Frank, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Of course, the definition of sports has changed a bit over the years. The traditional Thanksgiving sport used to be tossing a football around. Now, it's shuffling cards for the post dinner game of Texas Hold 'em.

This game actually took place yesterday evening (Black Friday). The final confrontation was between my son and my daughter's beau. Tension ran high.

View attachment 20043

View attachment 20044

This was the All In Moment...

View attachment 20045

... and the contest ended on the following hand.

View attachment 20046

2. C Reinhardt

C Reinhardt

Nov 21, 2005
  3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Winning is good...and even better when USDs are involved. Nice captures of the card game and the winner.

4. Where are the crowd shots?

The title got me going....:tongue:

Nice captures!

5. Thanks, folks!

The amazing thing is the sharpness of the 60mm micro lens, even at f/4. Here are a couple of totally unedited 100% crops.

View attachment 20048

6. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    I have that lens and love it. Although at times it shows way many details. Of coarse I was not referring to your photos. I just know when i shoot pics around the house my wife complains about all the little skin blemishes it shows.

Did you grab some of that money when he was blinded by the flash for a few seconds?:biggrin:

7. With your title I was wondering why you were using a 60mm micro. Ahhh ha, Texas hold em. Nice series of shots with good detail and color. Nice!