60th BD Party Pics / Prom King Mike

Discussion in 'People' started by BigPixel, Apr 10, 2007.

1. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Well, I finally got some photo feedback from my epic 60th BD party a few weeks ago, I didn't have time to shoot much. The party was way fun. Some of you might remember the template I posted ahead of the party, a blowup of a newspaper photo of me with date as Prom King, Ryan High School, Omaha, 1965.....Here are a few filled in with some party goer's faces as the Prom Queen. The next to last is me in front of my high school grad pic, the last me shooting at the doo. Enjoy! And, yea....I'm 10-15 years older than most of my friends. Extended adolescence dontcha know.

JoannePromKing.

JimboPromKing.

JosePromKing.

MsMichaelPromKing.

SharonPromKing.

Mikewithposter.

detailmikesweatyheadcamera.

Not everyone was up for dancing all night.....

Chuckasleep2.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2007
  2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    All I can say is ... Doood. :Crunk:

3. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Yea Chris. My friends like to party, even with an old guy on his BD....

ReginaLori.

Playingwithdaking.

My gal Karen with the cake. My sister and brother came over with their kids. They made me this crown out of an oil funnel, plastic dinosaurs and weeds. It says, "King Kaneohe". I live in Kaneohe, Oahu, over the hill from Honolulu.
    BDcakebeautifulKaren.

General dance zone...for the steely eyed, I changed shirts as I sweated out the first dancing. Everyone, all 50 guests, danced three hours straight to Oldies. It was one of those parties where everyone and everything was in alignment. The place was electric and literally exploded! An open bar didn't hurt.....
    dancingandclapping.

A few images I managed to take.
    Mitsumi, a friend of a friend.
    View attachment 89847

Dancing hotties:
    View attachment 89848

My pal Howard, leader of the band.
    Howard2.

4. jasonlawton

jasonlawton Guest

Cool Mike!!! I like the Beatle's lyric poster of you with the listen going through your ears ( Is that a in-house dig at you by a friend?? ) Everyone looks like they had a great time ( It's nice to see the face by the way, for a long time in the old forum you were just a pair of feet when I knew you ) :smile: :smile: :smile:

Jase:wink:

5. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Jason, you are too eagle eyed. What else would I expect from the best graphic designer I ever knew?

Yea, the Grad pic poster has the Beatles lyric, "Listen....do you want to know a secret...doo...wa...doo" emblazoned on it. I designed it and the Prom King poster and printed them out on my DJ130.

I miss using the ubiquitous (sp) feet. Guess my personage is no secret any longer.

Here's a better view with all the lyrics on the poster...with comments the poster was designed to draw out....The final version had way more stuff scribbled on it.

theposter2.

6. Great series Mike................. I wish I could have been there! :frown: :frown: :frown:

G :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

7. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

I should have opened up the invite list here.....you would have been welcomed.

Just a side note. The mauve colored grad poster above measured 24x30. I shot the original with my S2 and printed it on a DJ130 inkjet. The reason I mention that is that we had a thread going about reproduction quality scanner vrs digital capture. As you can see, this 6MP image printed well large. Its actually a little sharper than the 42 year old film portrait I copied and probably as good as I would have got with a scanner.....ah, the digital age!

8. You're a digital 60 now. Man, that looks like it was a great party.

9. Looks like a swinging party Mike, congrats on your 60th.

10. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Thanks David & Gordon. I might have to start acting my age though...someone refered to me as a senior citizen yesterday... but then again, I like the senior discounts you get. Nice being carded again!

11. Happy belated birthday! So you're a March baby, too? [Oops! Edited to add, I just looked at your profile and you're a February Boy!] I celebrated my birthday down in Alabama with everybody at the Huntsville Botanical Gardens, which was a lot of fun. Yep, you're a senior citizen now.... welcome to AARP, "Modern Maturity," Senior Citizen Discounts and all the other goodies that come along with age!

12. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Mahalo Connie! 60...the new 59!!!

Actually my bd is Feb 24th. The party was delayed a few weeks.

13. Yep, the 60's are the best decade: you're still young enough and healthy enough to do stuff you want to do and yet supposedly have developed a lot of wisdom through the previous five decades.... :biggrin:

Actually, I'd say the 60's are the new 40's! LOL!

14. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

I agree Connie. I was trying to be funny. I don't feel any different than I have my entire adult life.