1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

6x7 Portra 800 shots

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by chubasco, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Using the Koni Omega Rapid and Hexanon 60mm wide lens:

ccco6.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 397843

View attachment 518696

Got up at 4:30am yesterday to catch the light and drive 35 miles to Decatur.
    I'm not a morning person, either...lol The bridge shot was f16 @1/60sec and
    the bog was f11 @1/8sec. I also shot some Neopan 1600 in one of my Konica
    T4's of the bog, but it will be awhile before I finish the roll. Need to get a better
    tripod to support the Konis' weight so I can use slide film and try out my brand
    new shutter release cable.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2009
  2. Bill, I really like the bridge shot. The water really typifies the eaarly morning look that I see when getting up early to go fishing. I'm not an early morning person either, but he light is amazing at that time of day. I agree a tripod and shutter release would have helped a lot with the bog shot, 1/8sec require very steady hands.

From the shots I have seen of Portra 800, I will be getting some soon.

3. Thanks, Ray, I think you will like Portra 800!

4. both shots are great! i love the color in the first one. great work

5. Thanks, Roman. My next roll is the Efke 50, have to pick a nice bright day.

6. Bill, the bridge shot is my favorite as well...I really like how the sun is reflected in the water in the distance, but is blocked from view by the clouds or the bridge...leaning towards the bridge. That swamp just looks like one cool place to shoot pictures!

7. Thanks, Tim, I need to try that bog using slide when I get a decent tripod. (will include
    this picture with the rest that I have to rework).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2009
  8. Bill another point and shoot? LOL Really like the second bridge shot. That swamp looks like a place I do not want to be!

9. I like both of them, the bridge picture are so quiet and calm, and the colours and atmosphere in the swamp are great, I almost feel the smell of it!

10. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Nice Job!

11. Samuel, thanks, yes, another pocket point and shoot! lol

Nordic Aperture, thanks for your comments, I've been looking for likely places for
    autumn shots.

Steve, thanks!

BTW, I have to level the horizons in the bridge shots. An Estonian pro on another forum busted me on that. Sheesh.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2009
  12. panda81

panda81

Feb 7, 2008
    Texas
    I love the bridge shot, like many others have said. Something about the colors in the first one is more appealing than the second, although I like how there aren't bushes or shrubs in the second. I guess I probably would have done the un-environmentally friendly thing and squashed down the branches in the first shot :tongue:

13. AllThumz

AllThumz

Feb 24, 2009
    Albany, Oregon
    Personally, I like the foliage in the bridge shot. It gives depth and breaks up the expanse of water. I might have moved the camera a bit to the right to eliminate the empty space on the left. I have been trying to "focus" on balanced compositions lately, as you might have noticed.

The bog shot is my favorite. I like the different textures, reflections and light.

Good job on both!

Regards,
    John

14. Jerry, I was pretty much trespassing to make these bridge shots, so didn't feel like doing any terraforming
    while there, thanks. ;o) lol

John, thanks for your comments, I'll be reposting the bridge shots tonight with corrected
    horizons.

[They are now corrected.]

Rather starting a new thread, here's one I took an hour later than the first ones. This is a small Japanese
    garden in Decatur:

3817092162_e235b24d46_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Kind of a snore for a shot, but shows off the rendering abilities of the Koni Omega. This is using the Rapid 100
    with Super Omegon 90mm lens, and Portra 400VC film.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2009
  15. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    The first one of the bridge has a great predawn feel to it. The ripples in #2 are well done, but the third one rocks! Really nice, it makes me want to go splashing into the forest!

16. Thanks, Chris, I tend to tiptoe about in bogs, even early morning. Would your
    Native American name be "Dances with Water Moccasin"? :wink: I'm from the
    north by Canada, no poisonous snakes and my local friends here say to watch my six when out and about.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.