6x7 Portra 800 shots

Using the Koni Omega Rapid and Hexanon 60mm wide lens:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 397843

View attachment 518696

Got up at 4:30am yesterday to catch the light and drive 35 miles to Decatur.
I'm not a morning person, either...lol The bridge shot was f16 @1/60sec and
the bog was f11 @1/8sec. I also shot some Neopan 1600 in one of my Konica
T4's of the bog, but it will be awhile before I finish the roll. Need to get a better
tripod to support the Konis' weight so I can use slide film and try out my brand
new shutter release cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill, I really like the bridge shot. The water really typifies the eaarly morning look that I see when getting up early to go fishing. I'm not an early morning person either, but he light is amazing at that time of day. I agree a tripod and shutter release would have helped a lot with the bog shot, 1/8sec require very steady hands.

From the shots I have seen of Portra 800, I will be getting some soon.

Bill, the bridge shot is my favorite as well...I really like how the sun is reflected in the water in the distance, but is blocked from view by the clouds or the bridge...leaning towards the bridge. That swamp just looks like one cool place to shoot pictures!

Thanks, Tim, I need to try that bog using slide when I get a decent tripod. (will include
this picture with the rest that I have to rework).

I like both of them, the bridge picture are so quiet and calm, and the colours and atmosphere in the swamp are great, I almost feel the smell of it!

Samuel, thanks, yes, another pocket point and shoot! lol

Nordic Aperture, thanks for your comments, I've been looking for likely places for
autumn shots.

Steve, thanks!

BTW, I have to level the horizons in the bridge shots. An Estonian pro on another forum busted me on that. Sheesh.

I love the bridge shot, like many others have said. Something about the colors in the first one is more appealing than the second, although I like how there aren't bushes or shrubs in the second. I guess I probably would have done the un-environmentally friendly thing and squashed down the branches in the first shot :tongue:

Personally, I like the foliage in the bridge shot. It gives depth and breaks up the expanse of water. I might have moved the camera a bit to the right to eliminate the empty space on the left. I have been trying to "focus" on balanced compositions lately, as you might have noticed.

The bog shot is my favorite. I like the different textures, reflections and light.

Good job on both!

Regards,
John

Jerry, I was pretty much trespassing to make these bridge shots, so didn't feel like doing any terraforming
while there, thanks. ;o) lol

John, thanks for your comments, I'll be reposting the bridge shots tonight with corrected
horizons.

[They are now corrected.]

Rather starting a new thread, here's one I took an hour later than the first ones. This is a small Japanese
garden in Decatur:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Kind of a snore for a shot, but shows off the rendering abilities of the Koni Omega. This is using the Rapid 100
with Super Omegon 90mm lens, and Portra 400VC film.

Real Name
Chris
The first one of the bridge has a great predawn feel to it. The ripples in #2 are well done, but the third one rocks! Really nice, it makes me want to go splashing into the forest!

Thanks, Chris, I tend to tiptoe about in bogs, even early morning. Would your
Native American name be "Dances with Water Moccasin"? :wink: I'm from the
north by Canada, no poisonous snakes and my local friends here say to watch my six when out and about.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom