7 new Shots, Natural/Flash lighting, long exp ...

The first shot is from a few days ago, the last 6 shots were done today on an outing with Phototech (from this board).

The shots have hardly been retouched in colors, in crop and framing maybe and cleaning dust bunnies.

The colors come from the combination of a Cokin cir pol #164, a blue gold polarizer # 178 and an ND8 filter in some cases. You'll see different colors in same location done by playing with the filters adjustments. In some of the cases very long exposures happened ...

Hope you like them

Thx for looking

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

:D
:D

Yves :

Wow.

You've outdone yourself here, sir. I'm flabbergasted and amazed at the colours you've captured.

IMO, this is some of the most lovely bird photography you've done.

Wow. Congratulations on exceptional capture, technique, and composition.

John P.

Hi Yves, incredible pics with some excellent creativity, #6 rocks............are you sure those birds arent stuffed. LOL>.........Great job!!!!!

fks

hi yves-

great photos, i didn't think you could use flash to freeze animals combined with long exposures to capture water in motion. great work.

ricky

They are all outstanding pictures, the one that I like the most is the last one i guess it's because of the poise the heron is in.

You have jsut moved the bar up on this series, very very nice shots , love the last one. You are very creative in your photography and try to learn from every one of your posts

Outstanding shots Yves, and with the shot info and narrative that you have included, a great lesson in nature photography.

Thanks!!

If ever there were some saleable images,

these would be them! These are really fantastic Yves!Any special treatment of the colors in post, or did they just come out that way?

No fair, pictures aren't showing for me and all these glowing compliments have me wondering what I'm missing. :) Guess I'll check back later.

Kim

Well, darn! I can't see them! I feel left out. From what I've read from everyone they are great. Maybe I can see your next ones!

Well yves I now see a use for my ND8 :>))) Thanks for that. Will take a bit of practice for sure.

Any tips would be great.

You are really pushing me closer to the $$$$$$ Blue/gold. Have wanted one for a long time. :<((

more lust and more $$$$$

I am going t need a sugar daddy in quite short time :>)))

These are really beautiful

Thank You

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gale said:
Well yves I now see a use for my ND8 :>))) Thanks for that. Will take a bit of practice for sure.

Any tips would be great.

You are really pushing me closer to the $$$$$$ Blue/gold. Have wanted one for a long time. :<((

more lust and more $$$$$

There is a good inexpensive alternative to the Singh Ray Glue Gold, it is the Cokin P 173 (copy of the blue gold)

I am going t need a sugar daddy in quite short time :>)))

Trust me, I also need a sugar mommy ...

These are really beautiful

Thx very much

Thank You

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom