7 swans a'swimming (request)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GaryW, Nov 12, 2005.

1. GaryW

GaryW Guest

My wife's office will be decorating for Christmas with the theme of the Twelve Days of Christmas.

Pam drew "7 swans a'swimming" as her project of decoration. She asked me for a picture of a swan, but the closest I have is a chicken. For some reason, that is not close enough. She wants to make 7 ornaments to go on a wreath. I suppose the picture would be 2"x3" or so.

Would anybody be kind enough to post a swan picture, so I could download it for her use? She works at the VA hospital in Houston, so it would be a patriotic gesture on your part. :)

Thanks in advance.

2. Gary, I sent you a PM with a link to a few, OK, so it is more than "a few" :smile:

Let me know you got it, please, and good luck, let us know what all you find.

3. GaryW

GaryW Guest

Thanks a million, Bill. You have some great pictures there.

However, after posting my request, I stumbled across a picture that had 7 swans swimming, which was perfect.

My wife is happy, and I'm off the hook. Thanks again for your offer.

4. You are most welcome, Gary. However, 2 things regarding that picture. First of all, only 5 of the Swans are a'swimmin', the other two be a'walkin' :wink:

The second is, be sure that you get an OK from both the Swan Society and the photographer if your wife is going to use it.

As an aside, these are absolutely beautiful birds, and you don't really get a feel for their size and grace until you have a dozen or so flying right over your head. Consider a bird that is is 2-3 times the size of a Canadian Goose......

5. GaryW

GaryW Guest

Great advice, Bill. I just sent them an e-mail. Thanks.