70-180 Lusters...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Donzo98, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Playing around with the 70-180mm.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2007
  2. Fantastic lens, isn't it? I have been in love with mine ever since I bought it several months (gee, I guess nearly a year) ago. This is one they'd have to wrestle from my cold, dead hands.....

3. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Same here Connie. I sold my 200 micro and kept this one. The zoom capability is so convenient.

4. The zoom capability really adds flexibility that isn't available in other dedicated macro lenses. I like being able to handhold this lens in some macro situations (although the 105mm VR is sometimes better for that now). As you undoubtedly are aware, there's quite the 70-180mm fan club here at the Cafe!

5. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    I really like it for product and table top stuff. The zoom capablility really shines there. With this lens I can back off on the zoom a bit to create more DOF at a given aperture and then crop later in Photoshop if I want a bigger image.

I always lusted after the 200... but quickly sold it after comparing it to this lens. The 200 is awesome though. :biggrin:

6. kjoosten

kjoosten

May 1, 2005
    Houston, TX
    More than just product shots, a great nature/backpacking lens. Use as field telephoto is superb.

View attachment 99493

[Edit by MoD Panos: Fixed image links]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.