70-200 at a concert

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by hjimzaf, Sep 7, 2008.

1. hjimzaf

hjimzaf

Apr 3, 2008
    Spanaway, WA
  2. How'd you get in not only with a DSLR, but the 70-200 as well???? Here in SF,CA they are pretty much banned from most concerts....

3. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Nice series here and on your website!!! I have the same question.............How did you get your DSLR and 70-200mm lens into the arena for the concert? I know you can get away with point-and-shoot camera, but this? How? How? How? How did you do it?

4. awesome series
    great band
    i'll chime in with my shock you were able to gain access with THAT setup
    good for you

5. lisa_h

lisa_h

Sep 6, 2008
    New England
    These rock. Nice job. Yeah, how'd you smuggle this in?

6. hjimzaf

hjimzaf

Apr 3, 2008
    Spanaway, WA
    There is a venue over here in WA called The Gorge. It's an amphitheater up against the Columbia River about 150 miles or so east of Seattle. You can camp at the venue. This was a 3 day event with 3 nights of camping. For an extra $20 per night you can stay in premier camping which gives you air conditioned bathrooms and showers instead of porta potties, bigger area, and a shuttle to and from the venue. If you're in premier, they let you in through a side door. Last year, I noticed that they weren't searching anyone at this side door. Even people with backpacks. This year I brought my gear with me. The first night, I left it in the car so that I could scope out the security again. Once again, anyone in premier who got in through the side door wasn't searched! The next night, I took my bag with me and I got in. Once inside, I just had my friend who was sitting next to me look out for security. Everyone around me was wondering how I got such a huge setup inside! So anyway, that's how I got it inside.