70-200 f2.8 s - new glass, usual models.

Just picked up this lens this afternoon. Apparently it was with my dealer for a few days, email misstep.
Nice fast focus, though not sure whether faster than the E version, which is stellar.
Where it shines for me is the sharpness from edge to edge.
If you zoom in on the photo of Trooper, look at the back of his head. Mosquitoe still hanging around.
Weight wise, compared to the D6 and 70-200 f/2.8 E, it is much lighter and more manageable. I can carry the Z combo around for hours and not have my arthritis scream for rest.
So these are first impressions, and I'm sure once the initial enthusiasm towards this shiny new toy is tempered, I'll be able to make a more realworld assessment.
But so far, I like it.

1.Trooper and mosquito ( harsh midday light)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. My rodent buddy:

3. My buddy taking time to grab a snack:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The stare...
Snow leopard stare 7343.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Ed..How have you found the 70-200 2.8 S?
I'm enjoying the lens. Have not had a chance to get out other than that first wedding, but the few pics I've taken are leaving me satisfied with my trade. Around the holidays I'll be doing some family stuff and plan on using it more.

Nice optical performance. And the photos are very nice as well. Keep updating the forum as you discover how good this is.
This lens was on my buy list for this year but then I pre-ordered a z 7ii so it will have to wait until next year. Oh well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice optical performance. And the photos are very nice as well. Keep updating the forum as you discover how good this is.
This lens was on my buy list for this year but then I pre-ordered a z 7ii so it will have to wait until next year. Oh well!
Thank you.. I'm learning bit by bit as to what this lens can do. I was pleased with the leopard photos as they were shot through a fence in a dimly lit cage. Locked on focus with little to no trouble

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom