70-200 is in stock at B&H

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Mark in St. Louis, Sep 17, 2008.

1. I've seen many questions about where to get a 70-200. At this moment, they are in stock at B&H. Same design as always...

2. ajbooker

ajbooker

Mar 17, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    Minus one....

Now I can set my homepage to something different I suppose...

3. You will love it, I have a lot of fun with mine.

4. ajbooker

ajbooker

Mar 17, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    Yeah, where it is right now it is just in my price range, I have a feeling any updated copy will be beyond what I can justify to spend on one. That is until I get a proper job come January assuming I can finish a thesis. Not like I shoot FX at the moment anyway which is where most seem to nit-pick the lens.

5. I bought mine with my D200, kit lens of choice :) . But I've enjoyed using it under FX. My expectations are not lab quality photos from edge to edge. See them going for nearly $2k on ebay from time to time, some must like them. Sold my D200, still wondering if I did the right thing there. But if I should keep the 70-200 is not something I ponder over.

6. bucky919

bucky919

Feb 9, 2008
    Minot, ND
    If only I had $1700 in the bank account :( 

7. I see it's $1629.95, your choice Import or USA. Usually the Import is a few bucks less coin.

8. I snagged one from BH this morning a full 3 hours before their email alert reached my inbox. :biggrin:

Now, I just wait for that overnight shipping notification from them before I'm totally comfortable.......

9. nht800

nht800

Aug 26, 2008
    Missouri, USA
    I have couple changes to get credit cards with 0% introductory interest until end of 2009.SHould I get one????

10. Get two, one on each card.

11. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    I like your style :biggrin:

12. jafo

jafo

Jun 11, 2008
    Chatsworth, CA
    Best lens I own... You will love it!!!

13. ahhh, the american way lol :biggrin:

14. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Grrr...right when they have them in stock I don't have the money

15. I've had mine for a few months now although i haven't used it much yet but we were watching the grandson at a BMX comp on the weekend and i was using it taking pics of him and 2 parents asked me if i would take some pics of their sons they must of thought i was a pro so be prepared to be noticed.

Alan

16. Rob T

Rob T

Aug 27, 2008
    SoCal
    I wonder if Nikon just releases a bunch of these. Circuit City has them in stock too now.

17. VDMTom

VDMTom

Jun 24, 2008
    CA, USA
    i used this. its WONDERFUL. makes very very nice pictures

18. nht800

nht800

Aug 26, 2008
    Missouri, USA
    Unfortunately, I have only one camera body :biggrin:

19. I have this lens in my hands now as of 10am this morning. Not a bad turnaround time, eh? :biggrin:

20. Not at all! Congratulations, I love this lens!

Post some pics!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.