1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

70-200 Tester needed

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by imagemaker, Jul 31, 2009.

1. in or near Riverside Calif. Looking for a cafe member who would be willing to test my lens on a newer camera than my D1x. Love this lens but would like to see results up close and personal.

thanks in advance

2. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    You pay for the plane ticket and I'm there!

3. danameless

danameless

May 9, 2009
    NYC
    I have to admit, I like how Will thinks!

4. Thanks for the offers:smile: but I think I'd rather fly back there so I could see the sites. Never been to NYC or area.

5. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    You can come, but I won't pay for your ticket! :tongue:

6. Or you could send me the lens, :tongue:, I'll send back examples.

I'll pay postage, he he.

On a serious note, not sure what your asking. You just want to see a higher MP camera's results or just a different camera's results?

7. On a serious note, not sure what your asking. You just want to see a higher MP camera's results or just a different camera's results?[/QUOTE]

I guess what I want is to see a different camera results. I would like to own a newer camera (D700 or D3) or maybe D300 and would like to see how it does using NX on my computer.

8. GH41

GH41

Nov 18, 2008
    HHI
    Have you not thought about hooking up with a camera club?? GH

9. Funny, I've been looking for someone who has a 70-200 locally so I can test it on my D300 and see if I should invest on this lens.Too bad I'm sooo lazy to drive.

10. Riverside, CA?

Totally unrelated...

Aug 3, 6PM - NASCAR on ESPN Classic: Replay of the final race from Riverside, CA in 1998.

Broadcast time may vary in your time zone.

BTW,

This is very good advice.

11. Go to your local camera store with your lens and try it out on a camera there..figure out what you want to shoot and just do it...take a memory card with you. That way you can try out a camera that you're thinking of buying.
    Gregg

12. Camera club is a great idea, thought I would give a cafe member the chance first.

13. I am not sure if we even have a camera store besides ritz anymore, maybe I need to go into Samys in Pasadena:smile:

14. Joseph what part of La do you live in?

15. Bob, I'm in the San Fernando Valley. I don't go to Riverside at all, but if you happen to pass by LA, just let me know. We can meet somewhere. :smile:

16. bluaeon

bluaeon

Dec 9, 2008
    CA
    im in Pomona and have friends in Fontana... im free this weekend but is back to work on Monday... so shoot me a PM if u wanna meet on Sunday morn or afternoon. although, i dont have a d300 or 700... just a d90... IF your OK with that.

17. Joel I sent a PM to you. Let me know

18. Joseph sending you a PM

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.