70-200 VR goes for a spin...

I happened to notice this pinwheel this morning in front of my neighbor's place. In order to get a slow enough shutter speed in the bright sun to display the motion, I stopped the lens down, placed a neutral density filter on the lens and stabilized the D700 on a tripod.

1 (1/40th @ f8, ISO 200)
p1005620725-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2 (1/50th @ f8, ISO 200)
p781838133-5.jpg

3 (1/50th @ f8, ISO 200)
p874100558-5.jpg

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

The first shot is just great. It must have been some challenge to get such long exposures in broad daylight however.

The first shot is just great. It must have been some challenge to get such long exposures in broad daylight however.
Thanks Robert...

It gave me a chance to use my neutral density filter...which I believe allows me to shoot at three stops slower. Also, the base ISO of 200 helped. The pinwheel was moving fast, so it blurred quite a bit even at 1/40th shutter speed.

Glenn

I actually like the second shot best. It takes a good eye to see or envision these types of "detail" pictures. And I usually miss them, myself.

Nice job!

Gee, Glenn. Those pictures really prove that the 70-200 is a crap lens on FX. WAIT!! Just Kidding!!

I really like 1 and 3. Your eye for the ordinary is outstanding, and the execution was brilliant.

Regards,
John

I actually like the second shot best. It takes a good eye to see or envision these types of "detail" pictures. And I usually miss them, myself.

Nice job!
Thanks David...

Sometimes I really want to shoot something and I start looking for anything to shoot. That was certainly the case this morning as I captured these without moving more than 100 feet from my doorstep!

Glenn

question: how is the third picture blurred and the second is not with the same settings? Obvious answer would be that it was spinning a lot faster in the third photo?

Fantastic composition and color

I love your composition and the colors are fantastic. It is amazing what we can find close to home when we are really looking.

Latest threads

Top Bottom