70-200

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Rob, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    I have just been advised that the 70-200 I have ordered will be available sometime close to Armageddon. As a non-practitioner of patience I have to enquire whether there is an alternative that would satisfy my desires and lens lust.
    I can hear the howls of derision across the Atlantic.
    The supplier just sent this email to me. I know from my research that the 70-200 is spoken of in hushed monastic tones.......................BUT...........is there an alternative, or shall I just go into purgatory until Nikon get their collective act in gear?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2005
  2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. No...

... but there are other lenses in that focal length that you could pick up used and shoot with until the 70-200 becomes available again.

But, that's just my opinion.

Woody

4. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Thanks to Paul, I have my name on a lens arriving in the UK on Thursday. There's hope yet. :smile:

5. pcjr

pcjr

Sep 19, 2005
    California
    I had heard that shipments were expected around the end of this month. Mine arrived just yesterday.

6. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    What a coincidence. The company that Paul suggested received my lens today; hopefully it will arrive in my grubby paws tomorrow. Unless of course the Royal Mail excels itself again, which means delivery in November. :wink:

7. You can say that again. I am still waiting for boxes that I shipped to myself as I left the UK.

In 1988.

8. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    :smile: :smile: :smile: I think I'm in Lust again :smile: :smile: :smile:

What a wonderful piece of kit.
    Now comes the difficult bit. How many reasons are enough to persuade Fang that it's a jolly good investment. (Fang is a term of endearment in this country, honest) :biggrin: