1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

70-200

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Rob, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    I have just been advised that the 70-200 I have ordered will be available sometime close to Armageddon. As a non-practitioner of patience I have to enquire whether there is an alternative that would satisfy my desires and lens lust.
    I can hear the howls of derision across the Atlantic.
    The supplier just sent this email to me. I know from my research that the 70-200 is spoken of in hushed monastic tones.......................BUT...........is there an alternative, or shall I just go into purgatory until Nikon get their collective act in gear?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2005
  2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. No...

... but there are other lenses in that focal length that you could pick up used and shoot with until the 70-200 becomes available again.

But, that's just my opinion.

Woody

4. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Thanks to Paul, I have my name on a lens arriving in the UK on Thursday. There's hope yet. :smile:

5. pcjr

pcjr

Sep 19, 2005
    California
    I had heard that shipments were expected around the end of this month. Mine arrived just yesterday.

6. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    What a coincidence. The company that Paul suggested received my lens today; hopefully it will arrive in my grubby paws tomorrow. Unless of course the Royal Mail excels itself again, which means delivery in November. :wink:

7. You can say that again. I am still waiting for boxes that I shipped to myself as I left the UK.

In 1988.

8. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    :smile: :smile: :smile: I think I'm in Lust again :smile: :smile: :smile:

What a wonderful piece of kit.
    Now comes the difficult bit. How many reasons are enough to persuade Fang that it's a jolly good investment. (Fang is a term of endearment in this country, honest) :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.