1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR + TC-17E II.

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by nuclearjock, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Does this lens handle tc's well?? On the D850:
    1. Embraer ERJ-135
    DSC_0301_PS2.
    2. Hawker 850XP
    DSC_0376_PS2.
    3. Cessna Citation Latitude C68A
    DSC_0415_PS2.
    4. Learjet 45
    DSC_0453_PS2.
    Unless I'm missing something, these look OK to me:) 

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  2. Big birds, no feather detail :LOL: 
    I like 'em. Awesome sky too.

3. Thanks Nick. This lens is $$$$$ but it really is outstanding. I've owned all three, my order of preference is E FL>VRI>VRII.

4. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Looks good to me. I have the FL too. Love it. My go-to lens for portraits.

5. <sigh> I've been trying to put off replacing my Tamron with the E FL. Every time I view a thread where someone is using the lens I get pushed towards just dropping the money to get it... :-P

6. The FL version is stunning. It's like having several prime lenses, its that good.......

7. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I just tried that combo this past weekend and I am quite impressed. I tried the 70-200E with the 1.7tc on both the D5 and D850 and the images look very good to me. In my case, it's a real judgement call as I'm shooting flying aircraft at 1/250 sec to maintain a little prop blur so hard to tell what is due to shake and motion blur. When I do get a good keeper, it looks very good to me. I plan to keep using that combo in the future.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.