70-200VR + 500D shots for Sandi

Sandi asked me to take a few shots with the 70-200VR with and without the 500D diopter lens, as she is considering this combo. These are for her. I certainly don't claim that they are very good, but they should show what this set-up can do. ;-)

These shots were not cropped at all; just resized. These were shot in A priority, at f10, using the SB-800 (I forgot to change the WB to flash, so they look pretty yellow :oops: ).

Without the 500D. This was about as close as I could get and still get the 70-200VR to focus (about 5 feet):
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

With the 500D. This shot was taken at about 15 - 16 inches:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Frank

Interesting DoF with the 500D on.

However, I'm a bit worried about the first pic Frank - your kitty seems to be turning green.*

Neil

* Usual rider applies -> could be my monitor.

NeilCam said:
Interesting DoF with the 500D on.

However, I'm a bit worried about the first pic Frank - your kitty seems to be turning green.*

Neil

* Usual rider applies -> could be my monitor.
Neil,

As usual, you ain't paying attention.... :p

I did mention that I uh, ah, sort of forgot to change the WB from early morning sunlight to flash, hence the greenish kitty.... 8)

It's not your monitor. :wink:

Frank

Holy cow! what a difference! OK I'm sold now, that is quite the shortage from 5' to 15". Sure wish my pooddie tat would sit still for me - Dodger will NOT sit still as long as the camera is out. Put it away and he'll sleep for hours in one spot! *LOL*
Try to imagine what a human iris would look like with that rig!
Thanks, Frank, so much for this - really helps me a lot. It's always so tough trying to figure out setups when you don't have the gear. You're a darling to do this for me, and I'll return the favour if and when I can. Now I can hardly wait to get this lens.... bugs away!!!! *LOL* Cheers, Sandi

Flew said:
Neil,

As usual, you ain't paying attention.... :p

I did mention that I uh, ah, sort of forgot to change the WB from early morning sunlight to flash, hence the greenish kitty.... 8)

It's not your monitor. :wink:

Frank
Insert appropriate "D'OH!!" here.

Neil

Sandi,

You are most welcome. If nothing else, you made me spend some time with a lens that I've ignored for too long.... :wink:

Good luck with your purchase.

---------------------------------

Neil,

S'OK. I wouldn't read my own rambling diatribes if they were written by someone else.... :roll:

Frank

C

celia bule

This is indeed my lucky day. This is the second thread I see and another set of wonderful pics. Sometimes one can't handle so much beauty. ( And this is not a joke) :)

Frank,
Wow, these are great images. I encouraged a good friend of mine to get the 70-200VR and also the Canon 500D Closeup lens and now I'm sending here this thread so she can see with her own eyes what a great recommendation I made to her :lol: :lol:

Thanks for these pictures showing what this combination can really do.. I didn't even know it was THIS GOOD!

Gaye

Wow!! Thanks for the nice comments. I was just trying to do some demo shots for Sandi, and I even screwed up the WB.... :lol:

Any credit here certainly goes to the 70-200VR, D2H, SB-800, and 500D, not me. This is far outside my normal shooting comfort zone. 8)

I will have to admit, that Pumpkin was much more cooperative than usual. Normally when I point the cam at her, she wants to come over and butt me with her head (begging for a head scratch....;-)).

Frank

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom