70-200VR for flowers

Maybe this belongs in the Macro forum, but my point is how wonderful the 70-200VR is. This was taken about 6 ft away. Notice the Ant.
Handheld
D70
70-200VR @200mm
no flash
F/16, 1/200 sec, ISO200, spot metering, A priority
everything else default

24110Nancy_s-favorite-for-web.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OHHHHHH That is a pretty one.

Good job.
I like it very much.

I am not into macro as such, the inside personal parts of a subject LOLOL

But love to see the close up of beautiful things.

Nice composition on this one. Great color of the Tangerine rose. I see a little bug hiding in there. Good touch. :>)))

Thanks for sharing

I sold my 80-200 f/2.8 to get the 70-200VR as soon as it came out. I've never regretted it. It's at least as sharp as the legendary 80-200, and it was perfect for my intended purpose, ski racing. While the VR needs to be turned off on a tripod, it works well with the monopod I use.

Bob

Count me in too. I use this lens in many situations that wouldn't seem to call for it. Just works! The latest is carrying it around with a flash on the camera.

Here is another flower done with the D2X and the 70-200. Let me know if you mind me posting an image in your thread.

mini-rose-200mm.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Great shots with a wonderful lens. I've used it several times to photograph flowers and small creatures (e.g., lizards) and it works fine.

Beezle said:
Count me in too. I use this lens in many situations that wouldn't seem to call for it. Just works! The latest is carrying it around with a flash on the camera. Snip.

That is absolutely beautiful! I love white roses!

Thank you Crystal.

That is actually a minature rose. You know, the ones they sell at most grocery stores. That flower is about 1.5 cm tall.

The wife planted it out back several years ago, and now it is four feet tall and often covered in hundreds of blooms.

Electromen said:
everything else default

Woah! That's some killer bohkeh @ F16! Dangit... that lens is way too expensive! :cry:

Sam

Beezle said:
Thank you Crystal.

That is actually a minature rose. You know, the ones they sell at most grocery stores. That flower is about 1.5 cm tall.

The wife planted it out back several years ago, and now it is four feet tall and often covered in hundreds of blooms.

I would absolutely love to see that. Are they still blooming? If so, could you post them to the macro/flower forum/?

Beautiful images....... truly a great lens that continues to surprise me with it's versatility.
--------------------------------------------------
Best Regards, Alan

CrystallP said:
Beezle said:
Thank you Crystal.

I would absolutely love to see that. Are they still blooming? If so, could you post them to the macro/flower forum/?

Sorry to say there are only a few flowers on it right now. It peaks around May or so.

I will see if I can find an image of it from this past Spring.

stm69 said:
Electromen said:
everything else default

Woah! That's some killer bohkeh @ F16! Dangit... that lens is way too expensive! :cry:

Sam

Sam,

No it's not too expensive. You neeeeeed that lens. I heard that B&H was trying to call you with an offer.... :lol: 8)

Sorry. :twisted:

Latest threads

Top Bottom