1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

70-200VR Just arrived...Lens lust satisfied....Oh No just looked in the 200VR thread!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by TerribleTwins, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Well my 70-200VR turned up this afternoon:smile: & have I had a chance to play with it...No!:frown: - dust on the Sensor - having supposedly been cleaned :mad: 

Fortunately the CCD cleaning gear from Copperhill Images also turned up this afternoon so have been playing with that instead.

Think I've got the the CCD clean - so the 70-200VR is attached & going to the lake with the twins tomorrow:biggrin:.

It will be interesting to see how it compares to the 80-400 that I just sold (to fund the 70-200VR).

Think my lens lust is satisfied for now..............uh oh that 200VR thread is calling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Thing about Lens Lust is....it's satisfied only briefly, giving a little respite while you enjoy the latest lens acquisition, but then it flares up again all too soon!

The 80-400mm VR and the 70-200mm VR are vastly different, but each in its own way is a wonderful lens.

The 200mm f/2....well, that lens is in a category all its own!!

3. yeah, I've been watching that thread, and along w/ the 300 f2.8 pics here, I'm leaving my credit card locked up.....and throwing away the key!

4. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    Hmm what trash can did you put the key in..... that 2.8...... :eek: 

5. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    I have to say the best lens i own hands down!

6. The 70-200VR is my favorite lens out of all the Nikon and Canon glass I own. I own four 70-200VR lenses, and they are all flawless performers.

(the forum resized the images - click for full size)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. cali-kid

cali-kid

May 26, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Congrats on the lens. I will be getting mine on Monday. Post some pics. I have read that it's the "lens" to have. I have taken the plunge. I can't wait.

8. jaime4i

jaime4i Guest

all shots are sharp.. did you turned On the VR? thanks

9. Most of the time, I never use VR. :) 

I just completed a shoot for Mercury Racing using just this lens.

10. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI
    Why 4 copies? I can understand 2.

11. I have a homes in NY and FL, and I travel all over on assignment, so it's easier for me to keep two lenses at each home. Same goes for other lenses I own. Makes traveling much easier since most of my work is on the east coast.

Greg

12. Four 70-200VR lenses? :eek:  That's disgusting. :rolleyes:  So send me one and you'll be just a little less disgusting!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

13. Chris,
    Would love to post some pics....unfortunately I don't have a smugmug type account yet ..... one of the things I'm going to work on this summer when the family are back in the UK & I'm here in the USA.

One word of warning ..... this thing is heavy! I was surprised - I think it's heavier than my 80-400VR!

14. Love the photos - if the VR is off - are you using a monopod or are they all hand held?

15. don't forget the sigma 120-300 threads either & then when you think you're being a good boy & saving your money for these big guys, along comes a 35/f2 thread just to tempt you even more:biggrin:

16. Yes & I'm saving!!!!!!!

17. Four 70-200VR's disgusting? No its not...... Now four 300F2.8 VRs or four 200/f2's.... thats disgusting:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

18. No monopod - I almost always hoot handheld. I get a 98%+ rate of perfectly focused images.

19. fjgindy

fjgindy

Jan 21, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Well congrats..those are breathtakingly sharp! I understand why you have 4....:wink:

20. Thanks - it's a lot of fun. I also shoot with the Canon 70-200 2.8L IS USM, and I believe the Nikon version to be a bit better. :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.