70-200VR Just arrived...Lens lust satisfied....Oh No just looked in the 200VR thread!

Well my 70-200VR turned up this afternoon:smile: & have I had a chance to play with it...No!:frown: - dust on the Sensor - having supposedly been cleaned :mad:

Fortunately the CCD cleaning gear from Copperhill Images also turned up this afternoon so have been playing with that instead.

Think I've got the the CCD clean - so the 70-200VR is attached & going to the lake with the twins tomorrow:biggrin:.

It will be interesting to see how it compares to the 80-400 that I just sold (to fund the 70-200VR).

Think my lens lust is satisfied for now..............uh oh that 200VR thread is calling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thing about Lens Lust is....it's satisfied only briefly, giving a little respite while you enjoy the latest lens acquisition, but then it flares up again all too soon!

The 80-400mm VR and the 70-200mm VR are vastly different, but each in its own way is a wonderful lens.

The 200mm f/2....well, that lens is in a category all its own!!

The 70-200VR is my favorite lens out of all the Nikon and Canon glass I own. I own four 70-200VR lenses, and they are all flawless performers.

(the forum resized the images - click for full size)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Congrats on the lens. I will be getting mine on Monday. Post some pics. I have read that it's the "lens" to have. I have taken the plunge. I can't wait.

Well my 70-200VR turned up this afternoon:smile: & have I had a chance to play with it...No!:frown: - dust on the Sensor - having supposedly been cleaned :mad:

Fortunately the CCD cleaning gear from Copperhill Images also turned up this afternoon so have been playing with that instead.

Think I've got the the CCD clean - so the 70-200VR is attached & going to the lake with the twins tomorrow:biggrin:.

It will be interesting to see how it compares to the 80-400 that I just sold (to fund the 70-200VR).

Think my lens lust is satisfied for now..............uh oh that 200VR thread is calling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

jaime4i

all shots are sharp.. did you turned On the VR? thanks

Congrats on the lens. I will be getting mine on Monday. Post some pics. I have read that it's the "lens" to have. I have taken the plunge. I can't wait.
Chris,
Would love to post some pics....unfortunately I don't have a smugmug type account yet ..... one of the things I'm going to work on this summer when the family are back in the UK & I'm here in the USA.

One word of warning ..... this thing is heavy! I was surprised - I think it's heavier than my 80-400VR!

yeah, I've been watching that thread, and along w/ the 300 f2.8 pics here, I'm leaving my credit card locked up.....and throwing away the key!
don't forget the sigma 120-300 threads either & then when you think you're being a good boy & saving your money for these big guys, along comes a 35/f2 thread just to tempt you even more:biggrin:

Thing about Lens Lust is....it's satisfied only briefly, giving a little respite while you enjoy the latest lens acquisition, but then it flares up again all too soon!

The 80-400mm VR and the 70-200mm VR are vastly different, but each in its own way is a wonderful lens.

The 200mm f/2....well, that lens is in a category all its own!!
Yes & I'm saving!!!!!!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom