1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

70-200vr owners question on erratic focus on mulitiple D3's

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by kevin pyle, Sep 25, 2008.

1. In January when I got the D3, the 70-200 would sometimes act erratic and focus on infinity. What has been the solution, it never did this on the D2X but does it on more than one D3. Thanks for info, just researching options before possibly having to send it in.
    Thanks,
    Kevin P.

2. If it does that on multiple D3 bodies, it's probably the lens. Have tried cleaning the contacts on the lens?

3. I'm going to try and get the deoxit cleaner that I had read on dpreview a while back and see if that helps. If I manually focus the lens when it does it then it snaps into autofocus just fine but sometimes when focussing it will go to infinity. No affect on the pic whatsover.
    Kevin P.

4. Dirty contacts are always the biggest culprit. It's always good to periodically wipe down your equipment every so often.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.