70-200VR serial number

Hi guys,

Quick question...

I just received the 70-200VR... and I've read some people have
got serial numbers in the 33xxxx range. Mine is 30xxxx range.
Any chance there might have been some minor updates between
the 33xxxx range and my 30xxxx range lens? Any of you try to
get latest serial number when buying lenses or doesn't matter?

Thanks for any comments.

Jimmy

What Woody said. Mine is 28xxxx and it's awesome. For me at least the serial number is not a concern at all. Just shoot the lens and enjoy the images.

Hi guys,

Quick question...

I just received the 70-200VR... and I've read some people have
got serial numbers in the 33xxxx range. Mine is 30xxxx range.
Any chance there might have been some minor updates between
the 33xxxx range and my 30xxxx range lens? Any of you try to
get latest serial number when buying lenses or doesn't matter?

Thanks for any comments.

Jimmy
Mine is in the middle - 32xxxx. Just depends how long it has been sitting in stock.

Bought mine in April of 2006. S/N US30214X. The company I bought it from has a high turnover, so it had not been around a long time I think.

Bought mine three years ago -- 2144xx serial # -- Shows how old it is! Wonderful lens -- never had any trouble with it except when airport inspector dropped it. Nikon made it like new. Although I use the 17-55mm more, this is my favorite lens.

I think this is one of Nikon's classics.

PaulC

Unlike many other Nikon lenses, I am not aware of any variation in this lens since it has been introduced. Many lenses have different serial number ranges, for example the 18-200VR:
- 20xxxxxx made in Japan
- 21xxxxxx made in Thailand
- 25xxxxxx made in Thailand
As far as I know these lenses are all identical, the different serial numbers just reflect different factories where the lens was made.

I have collected serial number for several 70-200VR lenses, the range appears to be continuous from 200001 - 341xxx (thanks Fireman, that's a new high). Serial numbers and versions are are listed here.

Unlike many other Nikon lenses, I am not aware of any variation in this lens since it has been introduced. Many lenses have different serial number ranges, for example the 18-200VR:
- 20xxxxxx made in Japan
- 21xxxxxx made in Thailand
- 25xxxxxx made in Thailand
As far as I know these lenses are all identical, the different serial numbers just reflect different factories where the lens was made.
BTW rvink, mine was made in Japan.
I have collected serial number for several 70-200VR lenses, the range appears to be continuous from 200001 - 341xxx (thanks Fireman, that's a new high). Serial numbers and versions are are listed here.
That's good to know. I had the lowest 180/2.8 serial number and currently have the highest 70-200/2.8 VR number. Which one is next ?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom