70-200VR/tc1.7/500D and Tamron 90mm

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Brew, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Brew

Brew Guest

All hand held and windy out. Talk about shallow DOF!!! I have to use a tripod.

VR+1.7TC=500D

View attachment 10895

Tamron 90mm Macro

2. Bruce the 6 and 7 are the ones i like the most

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I like the Daddy long legs spiders...:>)))

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nice work Bruce...I like the spider images and the last one the best. Unreal DOF!!!

5. Nice work done Bruce. I like the #3 and the last best. Good use of the shallow DOF.

6. Brew -

Good work!

I can relate to the macro vs. wind issue: out here in Kansas, we have wind to spare . . . I finally sprung for a Plamp a couple of weeks ago, but haven't tried it out yet.

catalyst

P.S. - I like the last one the best, with the gauze-like white and the sharp interior. I might have even cropped it a bit to see what an all white background would look like . . .

7. The 70-200 and the 500D is a good combo. Your images are excellent.

8. GreenCoal

GreenCoal Guest

Hi Bruce: Enjoyed your shots. Mind sharing your experience of the Tamron 90 vs 70-200VR combo -- other than the weight, cost -- in terms of working distance, sharpness, ease of use, any special characteristic that one lens has that the other don't?

I think the 70-200VR is more versatile generally, and I have seen many excellent pictures taken by equally excellent photographers. But I don't know, the weight bothers me, as I like to travel light and enjoy the shoot and scenery as well.

The Tamron 90 is also highly regarded -- incidentally, have you used it for taking portraits, and would appreciate seeing some of your portrait shots with that lens, if you have.

Thanks for sharing.

9. Brew

Brew Guest

Josh,

I really haven't had time to put them through a good test as I just received both the Tamron and the 500D last week. I need to get a good sunny/calm day when I can get them on a tripod to really test them.

I think working distance is about the same but obviously the Tamron can be used for portrait shots like you said and longer distance landscape shots and the 500D can't.

The VR shots also had the 1.7TC on it so the next test I'll be taking that off of the lens and shooting that way.

Thanks

10. GreenCoal

GreenCoal Guest

No worries, Bruce. Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.