70-300mm VR Loves Flowers

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by TMR Design, Sep 21, 2008.

1. I was out this afternoon looking for places to shoot and stumbled upon a garden that had some beautiful flowers.

Here are some samples shot with the D300 and 70-300mm VR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. This lens has been producing some amazing shots. I will be getting one at some point in the next 10 months, as I'd like to have one for a two week trip to Hawaii in June of '09.

The bokeh also looks very good!

3. Hi Nate,

There's no question about it. This lens is quite a performer. As long as you work within its limitations it's wonderful. I think of the 70-300mm as a daylight mid to long telephoto. The bokeh certainly is very pleasing, and not jittery or nervous.

4. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    I always love flower shots Robert, these are no exception
    That last one is particually interesting, what is it?

5. Thanks Robert. Honestly I haven't a clue what that is called. They look like tomatoes but that entire cluster was only about 3 inches long. Very interesting indeed.

6. Mighty nice Robert, you gotta love the 70-300vr.

7. Real Nice Flower Shoots! Amazing how well that lens performs. Got to love the color.

8. Thanks Darrell. I sure do love this lens.

9. Absolutely Tony. I waited until late afternoon so there was no strong sun overhead. The sky was a beautiful blue and I had lots of light. No flare, no harsh backlighting. Conditions were perfect for great captures with really nicely saturated colors.

10. excellent shots. I shot a spider yesterday with the 70-300 and the results weren't half bad. I have them on an external hard drive not accessible at the moment.

mark

11. Hi Mark,

I'd love to see those shots. How are you liking the 70-300mm VR on the D3?

12. guc32

guc32

Feb 23, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Wow the last shot is amazing. So much color.

13. RichNY

RichNY Guest

Robert- Nice series. You have consistently done a great job turning out great results with this lens.

14. Thanks Man.

Thank you Rich.

15. Nice going Robert...Got one too and a great lens.

16. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I just love the contrasting colors of the first and the last ones Robert. But especially the first one, as I'm a fan of blue and yellow!

17. These are great shots and prove again that the 70-300VR is a quality lens (as you already indicated).

18. Good stuff, Robert! I was always pleased with the bokeh too. You may recall
    this one shot wide open. :wink:

BSM_1013.gif

19. Thanks Sal. It's a remarkable lens with a good build and feel to it.

Hi Linda,

The first one is my favorite as well. I love deep blue skies behind yellow flowers. As soon as I shot that one and saw it on the back on the camera I knew it was a keeper.

Absolutely Kees. It's a superb lens when used within its limitations, and then is sings.

20. Ahh yes Will. Love it!