70-300mm VR Loves Flowers

I was out this afternoon looking for places to shoot and stumbled upon a garden that had some beautiful flowers.

Here are some samples shot with the D300 and 70-300mm VR.

p576495873.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p539740235.jpg

p738476702.jpg

p552707531.jpg

This lens has been producing some amazing shots. I will be getting one at some point in the next 10 months, as I'd like to have one for a two week trip to Hawaii in June of '09.

The bokeh also looks very good!

Hi Nate,

There's no question about it. This lens is quite a performer. As long as you work within its limitations it's wonderful. I think of the 70-300mm as a daylight mid to long telephoto. The bokeh certainly is very pleasing, and not jittery or nervous.

I always love flower shots Robert, these are no exception
That last one is particually interesting, what is it?

Thanks Robert. Honestly I haven't a clue what that is called. They look like tomatoes but that entire cluster was only about 3 inches long. Very interesting indeed.

Real Nice Flower Shoots! Amazing how well that lens performs. Got to love the color.

Absolutely Tony. I waited until late afternoon so there was no strong sun overhead. The sky was a beautiful blue and I had lots of light. No flare, no harsh backlighting. Conditions were perfect for great captures with really nicely saturated colors.

excellent shots. I shot a spider yesterday with the 70-300 and the results weren't half bad. I have them on an external hard drive not accessible at the moment.

mark

R

RichNY

Robert- Nice series. You have consistently done a great job turning out great results with this lens.

I just love the contrasting colors of the first and the last ones Robert. But especially the first one, as I'm a fan of blue and yellow!

Good stuff, Robert! I was always pleased with the bokeh too. You may recall
this one shot wide open. :wink:

BSM_1013.gif

Nice going Robert...Got one too and a great lens.

Thanks Sal. It's a remarkable lens with a good build and feel to it.

I just love the contrasting colors of the first and the last ones Robert. But especially the first one, as I'm a fan of blue and yellow!

Hi Linda,

The first one is my favorite as well. I love deep blue skies behind yellow flowers. As soon as I shot that one and saw it on the back on the camera I knew it was a keeper.

These are great shots and prove again that the 70-300VR is a quality lens (as you already indicated).

Absolutely Kees. It's a superb lens when used within its limitations, and then is sings.

Good stuff, Robert! I was always pleased with the bokeh too. You may recall
this one shot wide open. :wink:

BSM_1013.gif

Ahh yes Will. Love it!

Latest threads

Top Bottom