Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for having a look. 50 years is a pretty good run.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I was fortunate to ride on one of the first passenger flights, June, 1969. A media promotion flight from Houston to Honolulu with a couple of stops.

The first stop in Dallas burned up 8 tires which fortunately were in stock at the airport.

Many years later NYC to Milan where the 747 pilot warned on landing for us not to panic due the planned hard braking since the runway was at the short limit for the plane.

I remember a several hour delay in departure and went up to ask the cockpit folks what was going on. Only one talkative guy there gave me a long list of possible problems shown by the instruments. Was great to get airborne !

Lovely shots, especially the first!
When they were first used, my folks lived not far from the International airport in New Delhi. I can remember being captivated by them coming in to land—slowly floating in, like a feather, so much more graceful than anything else.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was on one once. My uncle worked for Air Canada and I got free stand by tickets, used to fly south for the weekends during winter months.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom