1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

7th grade boys LAX

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mike mac, May 12, 2007.

1. Shot two games this AM this is the first one. All shots with the D2X and the 300 2.8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mike,
    These are outstanding!

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I have to find me some LAX to shoot, these shots are so good.

4. These are awesome Mike. I shot some lax today and boy did I have a hard time with the harsh light. Great job shooting!

5. Thanks so much Dave

6. Thanks Frank it is fun to shoot still trying to figure it all out

7. Thanks Ty this sport more that any is a pain in harsh light and the shadows it creates, to get some detail in the face you have to let the white helmets and sometimes parts of the uniform go.

8. acena

acena

Mar 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    Very nice shots Mike. You are so right about the harsh lights. You have to pick the lesser of all the evils and choose your sacrifice. SHadows or blown highlights.

9. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Great images under tough conditions-- Thanks for sharing

10. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

Mike, they look great for the light that you had..... the faces are all nice and clear...Did you go matrix or Cntr weighted ?

11. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Outstanding images as always.

I'm jealous of you guys that shoot LAX...

12. deznpj

deznpj

Apr 12, 2007
    SoCal
    WOW! Not much of a post, but it certainly summed up how I felt when I saw these. You know...I think I could pick out your pictures even if you posted under another name...if you do, feel free to use "deznpj" :smile:

13. Thanks Alex sometimes it is hard to find just the proper balance

14. Thanks Jeff
    The way it looks I have quite a few games left to shoot up here

15. Thanks so much I sure hope I get the spellign of your name right...spelling is not my strong point

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.