8/13/2018 Latest

Very interesting..... I am at this point more and more sure that I probably will not be preordering one of these or rushing to a camera store to purchase one and the available lenses. The mention of the Noct caught my attention. I wonder what impact this will have, if any, on the value of the original Noct Nikkor? Probably should have sold mine some time ago but I've kept hanging on to it......

The mockups look tantalizing. Being a fan of BBF, having an AF-On button all of a sudden makes this a very attractive option.

Sigh, I'll have to go back to work to get one though....

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
Just in time for my birthday this month! Yippee!

Now, where's all that money that I shook off the money tree last week?

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
I'm not thrilled about the lack of a areal AF ON button and the playback button is right in the way for all dedicated AF ON users, Que Nikon? I guess it is to early to tell, what would be the advantages of this layout compared to the old DSLR ones?

I'm not thrilled about the lack of a areal AF ON button and the playback button is right in the way for all dedicated AF ON users, Que Nikon? I guess it is to early to tell, what would be the advantages of this layout compared to the old DSLR ones?
I say, it's too early to tell based on some mock-op designs someone botched on the fly in photoshop, and instead of wondering about the button layout (which is probably incorrect) just wait another week until Nikon reveals the actual camera design.

We'll know for sure what they've developed by Wednesday/ Thursday. Looking forward to the official specs.

I know Nikon won't make everyone happy, but I hope they knock this one out of the park.

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
The latest layout (if it is what it looks like on the pictures) looks better, I jumped the gun for sure. But I bet no matter how great a camera(s) Nikon introduces that there will a lot of people will be wondering why this is so much better then their current cameras. Its hard to beat an optical viewfinder, The current AF-system is very accurate and fast. I can fix quite a lot of under and over exposure issues with RAW images and so on. The mockups don't seem to show a very small camera, so is there a size benefit. Its nice with an adapter but it would be even nicer with more native Z mount lenses. For me one of the biggest issues how will the AF perform with my super telephoto lenses. and so on. I think Nikon will have to work hard to get the benefits message out, the inertia of the current product line is strong.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom