1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

8/29/08 Wedding

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by DrewC, Sep 1, 2008.

1. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Here is one from last fridays wedding... i'm pretty happy with it, the cloud gods were smiling at me, and i had a great couple to work with... and a trusty assistant at my side holding my light that would've otherwise blown into lake superior... er, probably AWAY from lake superior...

i'll add more when i'm not so busy

2811329973_ac68e63c64_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

take care
    -drew

2. nice shot, drew
    dramatic sky you had that day
    good for you..... and the happy couple

glad to see that she's the kind of gal who didn't mind getting her gown a bit dirty on the bottom

3. Miguel

Miguel

May 12, 2006
    Norwalk, CT
    I like this shot. Very nice lighting and very dramatic look to the shot.

4. Very nice photo, Great lighting, especially nice whites. You could crop a tad tighter to express the subject and still have a wonderful, colorful photo

5. Wow! The lighting is fantastic.

6. Paintguru

Paintguru

Dec 28, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    Yup good balance of ambient and flash.

7. APandya

APandya

Jul 2, 2008
    NJ
    I agree, the balance is good. Did you use a meter or by eye?

8. Excellent. If you have time, could you share a little more information on how you setup your shot.

9. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    thanks everyone.... i almost always guesstimate and that seems to work out just fine. in this instance the clouds were looking great and i wanted the dramatic look so i underexposed the ambient by about 1.5 stops or so and just blasted my sunpak 544 into an umbrella just left (shadows explain it all)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.