1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

8 days with an 08 Shelby GT500 >>

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Slugo, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Slugo

Slugo

Jun 20, 2006
    Harrisburg, PA
    one of our best friends from Pittsburgh and his wife are going on a cruise to Bermuda, and guess who gets to babysit his beautiful GT-500!! He just had Ford Racing SVD install a modified air-induction system, competition exhaust and computer enhansements. All this adds another 50HP to the car bringing it to a whopping 550HP!!! Mrs. Slugo and I will have some real fun tomorrow when we take a long drive through rural central PA mountains...

2871729480_52a109cc02_o.

2871729608_27cc11f9c4_o.

2871730092_599a1c1d3a_o.

2871729724_d772528231_o.

Grinning from ear to ear! :biggrin:
    2870898989_8d6335cb8a_o.

2. evokel

evokel

Sep 6, 2008
    florida
    amazing car my man!

3. Slugo

Slugo

Jun 20, 2006
    Harrisburg, PA
    evoke, I've had my share of high performance cars over the years, but nothing like this! It gets to 100mph in a matter of seconds from a roll on...

4. good lookin cars, with some wicked power. bet u had a blast driving it slow:biggrin:. friend has one with 700:eek:  hp.

5. Slugo

Slugo

Jun 20, 2006
    Harrisburg, PA
    actually it's fun driving slow around town. The exhaust note and stares you get really make you smile! The clutch is a real pain in the *** though...

6. Wow - that is one trusting friend.
    Me, I would have never trusted ME with that car:biggrin:

Only thing I would change is making it a drop top.

Don

7. Sweeeet!!! I assume you're replacing the rear tires before your friend gets back???:biggrin: If you do a remake of "Bullitt" be sure to take lots of pics..:biggrin:

Cheers

Ted:smile:

8. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Looks Good On You! Have Fun!!

9. This is only 425 HP :) 
    DSC_19892.
    NIKON D50    ---    70mm    f/4.5    1/40s   

10. I think that I already responded over on TZ- but keep it upright and have fun!

11. Slugo

Slugo

Jun 20, 2006
    Harrisburg, PA
    thanks guys, I'll try and keep her under control! :) 

12. I am so jealous, I wish someone would leave one with me for a week...ok, I would settle for a day!

13. Slugo

Slugo

Jun 20, 2006
    Harrisburg, PA
    how about one more picture at sundown and a little tweaking! :) 

2874227617_1d614ec976_o.

14. Gotta love those Mustang clutches... :wink:

I'm very jealous that you get to babysit that beast. Oh man if I could only drive it for a day I'd be soo happy.

15. Slugo

Slugo

Jun 20, 2006
    Harrisburg, PA
    Marcello - it's really a bit too refined for a Mustang. Yes, it's fast as all hell, but I'd much rather have an original 65-66 Shelby GT350. They were very raw and made especially for the race track. The GT500 gets lots of stares and it has a wonderful sound, but there's just something missing. It will sit in my garage now for the rest of the week. I got it out of my system...

16. mike......
    what an amazing car that is
    and.....
    i hope that you'll still have your license next week :biggrin:

17. The "oh **** I'm going too fast! this thing is going to fall apart any second but, I love it" feeling? haha

No I know what you mean. I have two Mustangs from the 80s and I love the cheap and rough feeling they have. For me its what makes a Mustang a Mustang. I haven't driven the new ones but, I have driven an '04 and I didn't like it all that much. However, the must fun I've had in a Mustang was when I drove my friend's '65 coupe. I also love riding around in my other friend's warmed-over and restored '67 coupe, he recently put a Ford Racing 302 crate in there and the thing gets very wild.

18. Slugo

Slugo

Jun 20, 2006
    Harrisburg, PA
    here is the ONLY Mustang that I owned. An 86 GT, first year for fuel injection. 5.0 liters of pure fun and only $12K right off the showroom floor!! :) 

86stang3.

19. AtlPikMan

AtlPikMan

Sep 21, 2008
    Atlanta Ga
    Man do you have a good friend...keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down...

20. Ah that is one beauty. Love the '86 GTs. I have an '88 GT and '86 SVO while not a 5 liter, it still has its charm and its own kind of fun. I cherish them both dearly and am afraid I could never give up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.