80-200 2.8 push/pull....

I found one in like new condition....and now it has a new home in my backpack! Off to play at the park with the girls, I'll be back with pics to share. :biggrin:

N

Nuteshack

ah, now you're talkin. LOVE mine!!!

(hardly use it though)

on FX, o ya!
;-)

Congrats Sonya, what a lens, I'm sure you will love it! And I'm sure it was a good value for what it is too!

Sonya, do you have any pics that you have taken with this lens so far? I was so set on getting the 70-200VR but since a do this for fun I just cant seem to pull the trigger $$. I am currently trying to work a deal on a 80-200 f/2.8 AFS which I think will hold me over for some time. My only concern will be when I am in a low light situation, where the VR will come in handy! I look forward to seeing some of your pics from this lens. Thanks

Eddie

fks

congratulations! i loved my copy, and hated to see it go. the trombone zoom makes it easy to switch between vertical and horizontal orientation, and is much faster to rack from end to end than a zoom ring. if it wasn't for VR, i would still have that lens.

ricky

Sonya, do you have any pics that you have taken with this lens so far? I was so set on getting the 70-200VR but since a do this for fun I just cant seem to pull the trigger $$. I am currently trying to work a deal on a 80-200 f/2.8 AFS which I think will hold me over for some time. My only concern will be when I am in a low light situation, where the VR will come in handy! I look forward to seeing some of your pics from this lens. Thanks

Eddie

I have only a handful of pics with it so far. I'll try to dig a few out to post. I just couldn't make myself get the 70-200 because it's SO darn expensive, and I don't need the VR for what I'll shoot with it. The push/pull for $400 (like new) or 70-200 for $1600......there was just no more convincing necessary. I'll try to get a few pics up soon.

Congrats Sonya!
I have the D version and, for stop action it's crisp as can be! Fred
2572125360_bcdd3e95f6_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sonya, for $400 there really isn't much to think about! I'm still in the talk with a potential seller for the AFS and I believe that I am getting it for a decent price. I will keep you posted. Thanks

Fred, thats a sweet capture. One of the reasons why I want this lens because my nephews are playing sports I would like to give them prints.

I have a 35-135 Push pull that I love.. It is also heaver than my D300 with grip! You can really break a foot if it is dropped!..

One from today at the Photo Walk. I have more, I just have to process them.

2790466597_f7f820d78d_b.png

After some initial disappointment with the minimum focusing distance and large apertures of my 80-200 push/pull I've been pretty happy. I still may sell it and go for a two ring though...

This was shot with my push/pull a couple days after I bought it:

1/400 f/5.6 ISO 640 D70:

lynsieBW.gif

Latest threads

Top Bottom