80-200 two ring for D7000

I found a like new 2.8D at a reasonable price but when I went to pick it up I could not attach it to my body. Any reason for this? The bayonet design was slightly different than my 85 but so is the 17-55 etc.

thank you.

I was in a rush so there's a slight possibility of misaligning the lens when attempting to attach it to the body. The lens appeared to be in "like new" condition and when inspecting the mount I did not notice any damage. I guess there still is a possibility of the mount being damaged.

Online research confirmed compatibility of the lens/body. I'll have to return and check it more carefully.

If you were aligning to the white dots there are extra ones for the mount.
Make sure you pick the one above the A ring.

Sorry everyone. In my haste I fail to see the "line" on the lens signifying the correct alignment marker for mounting the this particular lens. When I picked up the lens I saw a white dot (there are 3) on the lens and assumed it was the marker for alignment since the 70-300 has a dot used for alignment. Happily all is well and the 80-200 is a wonderful find since the previous owner took very good care of it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom