1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

80x400 Macro Fun...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Bandnuts, Aug 23, 2008.

1. I wanted to play around this morning and take some shots of my wife with the 80x400 while she was having coffee. We were sitting too close so I thought I'd go in and get the Canon 500D and see what happened. Now she's too far away with the 500D attached!! :mad: 

Well, to make a long story shot, I started to play and found this was a pretty cool combo. Here's some of the better sample shots.

Here's the set-up for the first two areas. Flowers on the left and a small catcus in a hanging planter right....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another part of the yard.... A waiting praying mantis...
    [​IMG]

Praying Mantis food!
    [​IMG]

A flower with my daughter's finger....
    [​IMG]

And last... Momma's Coffee (she was not a happy camper).... :biggrin:
    [​IMG]

Enjoy........

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2008
  2. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Kap, these are absolutely fascinating! Love the fly shot and the second to last shot where the blow-up shows things we never would have seen with the naked eye!

3. Wow, thanks for sharing this series. I haven't used this combination in ages. I am definitely going to give this another try ... soon.

4. Nice shots and really love the fly shot :biggrin: I use the Canon 500D with my 70-200, 70-300VR and 300/4 lenses and really love it. It saves a lot of weight when I don't want to carry the Sigma 150mm macro lens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.