80x400 Macro Fun...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Bandnuts, Aug 23, 2008.

1. I wanted to play around this morning and take some shots of my wife with the 80x400 while she was having coffee. We were sitting too close so I thought I'd go in and get the Canon 500D and see what happened. Now she's too far away with the 500D attached!! :mad:

Well, to make a long story shot, I started to play and found this was a pretty cool combo. Here's some of the better sample shots.

Here's the set-up for the first two areas. Flowers on the left and a small catcus in a hanging planter right....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another part of the yard.... A waiting praying mantis...
    [​IMG]

Praying Mantis food!
    [​IMG]

A flower with my daughter's finger....
    [​IMG]

And last... Momma's Coffee (she was not a happy camper).... :biggrin:
    [​IMG]

Enjoy........

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2008
  2. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Kap, these are absolutely fascinating! Love the fly shot and the second to last shot where the blow-up shows things we never would have seen with the naked eye!

3. Wow, thanks for sharing this series. I haven't used this combination in ages. I am definitely going to give this another try ... soon.

4. Nice shots and really love the fly shot :biggrin: I use the Canon 500D with my 70-200, 70-300VR and 300/4 lenses and really love it. It saves a lot of weight when I don't want to carry the Sigma 150mm macro lens.