80x400 VR with Canon D500 Close-up Filter

I posted these in the Lens Lust area but thought I'd put a couple here as well. I was a bit taken back at how well the 80x400 / Canon D500 combo worked. I marked the focus point and provide a 100% crop.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here's the set-up. Flowers on the left and a small catcus in a hanging planter right....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Still toying with the idea of that D500 and these shots sway me toward it even more
It has it's challenges. It actually worked better on my 70x200VR and 180 2.8. Working it on the 80x400 at 400mm was tough. The focual point was difficut to get right in AF mode, so I ended up using manual focus. To make it worse, I was doing hand-held.

Either way, I don't use the D500 much, but it's sure fun when you do.

It has it's challenges. It actually worked better on my 70x200VR and 180 2.8. Working it on the 80x400 at 400mm was tough. The focual point was difficut to get right in AF mode, so I ended up using manual focus. To make it worse, I was doing hand-held.

Either way, I don't use the D500 much, but it's sure fun when you do.
yeah but the cost is not nuts and it's something to throw in a pouch and a snap to carry in case you need it

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom