1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

84th Birthday

Discussion in 'People' started by greyflash, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Last week was my 84th birthday and so I went to Salt Lake City where my family gathered at a park to celebrate. Here are a couple of pictures of those family members that could make it for the get together. They include children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. I have been blest with a great family and I love all of them very much. When we are all together it includes 11 children, 36 grandchildren, and 25 great grandchildren. The youngest is on the left of the image in her fathers arms. She is just 2 weeks old and is named Oakley.

Dad's Birthday 1.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Dad's Birthday 4  (2).jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Gordon congrats on your 84th and you've got a lovely family.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. Congrats Gordon. 84 is the new 64, time to kick up our heels and have some more fun!

And we're all blessed and privileged to have you as a friend.

4. You are indeed blessed, Gordon. May good health, onging family love and good photos continue to be yours.

5. Happy Birthday, Gordon!! What a beautiful family you have!!!

6. Bless you Gordon. YOU DO NOT LOOK 84!!!(y)

7. Clearly, the photo is a complete hoax, as nobody, much less the birthday boy, in that photo could possibly be 84!

Congratulations, Gordon!

8. Thank you for the kind words Nick. You have always been a friend.

9. How can I go wrong with wishes like that? Thanks.

10. And you as well Terri, thanks.

11. Thanks a bunch!!!

Hey Mike, got a laugh out of your post. Thanks

12. See, if you'd grow that beard back, this crowd might just respect you a bit more!

• Like Like x 1
  13. You have a beautiful family Gordon and you really don’t look 84

Well photographed also

14. Thanks Randy, the camera was Nikon, the shutter pusher a passerby.

15. You look great Gordon - so does your large family!

16. Happy, Happy Birthday, Gordon! What a wonderful family gathering to celebrate you and your natal day! I’ll bet it was such a fun day for everyone and one which all of you will remember for a long time.... You, the Birthday Boy, indeed look just terrific and it is clear you are filled with energy and joy.... You are blessed, but you also offer blessings to your entire family. You and they are very fortunate!

17. Thank you Allan, your thoughts are much appreciated.
    Connie, in the many years I have known you your friendship and meaningful comments have always been a bright light here at the Cafe. Thanks for your kindness.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wonderful images, hard to get everyone to look at the photographer! (we've all been there, done that)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Congrats! First for being such a loved member of such a great and large family! Second for defying aging and remaining young at heart and in spirit! What an example of a life well lived!

20. How nice of you Karen, thank you for your kind comments.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.