85 1.4 and the girls...

Had a blast using this lens this weekend. Used it both at 1.4 and stopped down with bounced lighting. What a lens...

2752599092_1df2a23e23_b.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2752504152_5001173104_b.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 238822

View attachment 238823

View attachment 238824

View attachment 238825

View attachment 238826

View attachment 238827

View attachment 238828

View attachment 238829

Really nice stuff Kurt...

I am looking at picking up an 85 1.4 next month too.

Did you do any pp to the eyes on these? They are super sharp.

Paul

N

Nuteshack

u got some dreamy pix here, Kurt ..and the best models in the world....LOVELY..;-)

Beautiful shots! :smile:

Thanks!!

Really nice stuff Kurt...

I am looking at picking up an 85 1.4 next month too.

Did you do any pp to the eyes on these? They are super sharp.

Paul

Thanks Paul, this lens is great and I've barely used it. I've seen much better portraits with this lens so I'm excited to bring it to the next level. Regarding your question, I did PP the eyes on the last one and third to last one; all others were out of the camera like that; other than saturation and contrast since I shoot in RAW. I use a variant of this eye tutorial by the talented Sonyam

u got some dreamy pix here, Kurt ..and the best models in the world....LOVELY..;-)

Thanks Mark, the models DEFINITELY help.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are making me excited to get my lens. Our new grandchild is due in 4 weeks. I bet it gets a workout then. I love the soft look you achieved on these. I think the one of the baby in the toys is such a fun shot. I love the desaturated look you achieved, taking out some of the clutter. I got some shots of the twins on the beach that have lots of color. I just might have to try that to see if the photos can look better.

1,4, and 5 are perfection! You're doing great things with that glass......and I'm not suprised!

Thanks Sonya, that is nice of you. I am loving my prime lenses. Probably cause I don't own a really great zoom below 85 mm.

You are making me excited to get my lens. Our new grandchild is due in 4 weeks. I bet it gets a workout then. I love the soft look you achieved on these. I think the one of the baby in the toys is such a fun shot. I love the desaturated look you achieved, taking out some of the clutter. I got some shots of the twins on the beach that have lots of color. I just might have to try that to see if the photos can look better.

Thanks Terri, you will be churning out award winning images with any lens you buy, but what I've seen from you lately with your prime fest has been incredible so I'm excited to see what you do with this lens.

All images are good but the first three are real keepers. #1 would make a great wall hanger for the kids room.

Thanks Gordon, I agree and can't wait to put it up!! I was just thinking, it would be funny to see all of our houses and actually see these shots on the wall in non-digital format. It would be weird since we have all seen eachother's work digitally so much, they would all look familiar.

great shots! Ugh, i can't wait to get one.

Thanks Leo, it is a crazy hunk of glass for sure. When we meet up I'll let you play with it, just don't forget your 70-200 2.8. Of course you are welcome to borrow it to check it out if you wish.

we'll get together as soon as my 70-200 comes back from nikon :)

Cool, maybe we can get Uncle Frank to show up too and have a photo get together over lunch. What's up with the 70-200? AFS motor? or focusing issues?

These are such beautiful images Kurt. Super job with that lens.

Thanks Fred, I'm taking good care of it for you for when you want it back.

Stunning pics. .

Thank you, I really appreciate that!

Kurt, I am loving the eyes in your images. Really striking. You are making me want to try this style out!

Latest threads

Top Bottom