85 1.4 case ?

what do you recommend that is a nice fit and will hold the hood also.....amazing a $1k lens comes w/o a case
If it makes you feel any better, the ($2K+) 28/1.4 came in the most ordinary Nikon lens box imaginable and didn't even include a hood! Plus it had the old style lens cap as well.

Randy, someplace I have a nylon/foam insulated case for a water bottle. It has a zipped lid and (I think) a loop for a belt. They come in various sizes and I use to use them when I couldn't afford a decent padded backpack or pelican case. I got mine from REI, but I'm sure most sporting goods stores carry them. My son has some for use with his 55-200 and 24-85. He takes them mountaineering and mountain biking, so they do work!

Real Name
Randy
Randy, someplace I have a nylon/foam insulated case for a water bottle. It has a zipped lid and (I think) a loop for a belt. They come in various sizes and I use to use them when I couldn't afford a decent padded backpack or pelican case. I got mine from REI, but I'm sure most sporting goods stores carry them. My son has some for use with his 55-200 and 24-85. He takes them mountaineering and mountain biking, so they do work!
i just ordered a LowPro 1W from b&w...it gave me a good reason to empty my wishlist
I got a tamrac today in town but it's too skinny for the hood

I really don't use cases. If so then I would have to much to carry around. I store everything in foam padded Pelican Cases. When I go out to shoot or on vacation, I use a small or medium Tamarc bag and back pack. For me... if a lens is not mounted on a body, then It will be found in the Pelican.:smile:

Real Name
Randy
I really don't use cases. If so then I would have to much to carry around. I store everything in foam padded Pelican Cases. When I go out to shoot or on vacation, I use a small or medium Tamarc bag and back pack. For me... if a lens is not mounted on a body, then It will be found in the Pelican.:smile:
i only use cases when the lenses are in my camera cabinet....
they go into my rolling tamrac bag or one of my backbacks

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom