1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

85 1.4 case ?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Randy, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    what do you recommend that is a nice fit and will hold the hood also.....amazing a $1k lens comes w/o a case

2. CraigH

CraigH

Mar 21, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    I know. It was amazing to me when I opened the box. I used the soft case that came with my 18-135.

3. Randy, LowePro 1W lens case w/ HN-31 in shooting position...perfect fit. :biggrin:

4. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    thx !

5. If it makes you feel any better, the ($2K+) 28/1.4 came in the most ordinary Nikon lens box imaginable and didn't even include a hood! Plus it had the old style lens cap as well.

6. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    it does (make me feel better)...thx

7. Randy, someplace I have a nylon/foam insulated case for a water bottle. It has a zipped lid and (I think) a loop for a belt. They come in various sizes and I use to use them when I couldn't afford a decent padded backpack or pelican case. I got mine from REI, but I'm sure most sporting goods stores carry them. My son has some for use with his 55-200 and 24-85. He takes them mountaineering and mountain biking, so they do work!

8. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    i just ordered a LowPro 1W from b&w...it gave me a good reason to empty my wishlist
    I got a tamrac today in town but it's too skinny for the hood

9. I really don't use cases. If so then I would have to much to carry around. I store everything in foam padded Pelican Cases. When I go out to shoot or on vacation, I use a small or medium Tamarc bag and back pack. For me... if a lens is not mounted on a body, then It will be found in the Pelican.:smile:

10. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    i only use cases when the lenses are in my camera cabinet....
    they go into my rolling tamrac bag or one of my backbacks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.