85 1.4 case ?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Randy, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    what do you recommend that is a nice fit and will hold the hood also.....amazing a $1k lens comes w/o a case

2. CraigH

CraigH

Mar 21, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    I know. It was amazing to me when I opened the box. I used the soft case that came with my 18-135.

3. Randy, LowePro 1W lens case w/ HN-31 in shooting position...perfect fit. :biggrin:

4. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    thx !

5. If it makes you feel any better, the ($2K+) 28/1.4 came in the most ordinary Nikon lens box imaginable and didn't even include a hood! Plus it had the old style lens cap as well.

6. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    it does (make me feel better)...thx

7. Randy, someplace I have a nylon/foam insulated case for a water bottle. It has a zipped lid and (I think) a loop for a belt. They come in various sizes and I use to use them when I couldn't afford a decent padded backpack or pelican case. I got mine from REI, but I'm sure most sporting goods stores carry them. My son has some for use with his 55-200 and 24-85. He takes them mountaineering and mountain biking, so they do work!

8. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    i just ordered a LowPro 1W from b&w...it gave me a good reason to empty my wishlist
    I got a tamrac today in town but it's too skinny for the hood

9. I really don't use cases. If so then I would have to much to carry around. I store everything in foam padded Pelican Cases. When I go out to shoot or on vacation, I use a small or medium Tamarc bag and back pack. For me... if a lens is not mounted on a body, then It will be found in the Pelican.:smile:

10. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    i only use cases when the lenses are in my camera cabinet....
    they go into my rolling tamrac bag or one of my backbacks