85 1.8 for floral?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Nuteshack, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

why not?
    ...and kinda dreamy too @f1.8 with polarizer:smile:
    605995959_28e0f034b0_o.

2. Mark...nice work. I also spent a couple of hours today on a flora shoot with the 105. Need to figure out how to use pbase so that I can share some of my work. Take care!

3. One of these days, you will actually stop a lens down....

nice shot....I'm thinking this 85mm might be my next lens....maybe....

You know, you're not a great help to my wallet...first you sell me on the 35mm f/2D... then had me contemplating 35-70 f/2.8D... and now this....

4. rubendparra

rubendparra Guest

Nice shot i got this with a 85 1.4 and a ET. no pp

523473531_52ed298f1f_b.

5. OMG.... I love this, very inspiring! Thank you :smile:

6. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

ty Gordon ...can't wait to see it:biggrin:

7. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Jimmy....choose you're weapon:biggrin:

8. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

very nice ruben..;-)

9. Neat shot -- beautiful colors. There's just something about those 85s, huh.

I was wondering the same thing about my 70-200 as I was wandering around downtown late yesterday looking for "contrasts". I rounded a corner about dark and came face to face with the below with a lens most long as my arm attached. I thought, "sure -- why not, there's some great contrast here". :biggrin:

70-200 at 170MM, F4 at a stupid slow shutter speed.

Phil

10. tasnim_fahim

tasnim_fahim

Oct 2, 2006
    riyadh
    creamy shot, Nuteshack. Love the colors.

Regards

11. tasnim_fahim

tasnim_fahim

Oct 2, 2006
    riyadh

12. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Phil ...nice shot (gotta love that VR)...thanks for the kind words, Tas....;-))

13. nute, excellant shot as always - i think it is time to crown you the 'bokeh king'. I noticed you didn't use the words 'yummy' this time :) . I know the 85 1.4 is considered the best of the best for bokeh, but how does the 85 1.8 compare ? Would you say the 85 1.8 has the best bokeh out of the lenses you have used ?

14. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Daniel ...i've always thought the bokeh from this lens was/is simular to the bokeh from the 80-200 2.8...i really don't know if there is a "best" for bokeh. there are some that are very harsh and what i would call, inacurate. but as far as "best' goes, NO clue. too subjective for me to tag that one ....;-))

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.