85 1.8 for floral?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Nuteshack, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

why not?
    ...and kinda dreamy too @f1.8 with polarizer:smile:
    605995959_28e0f034b0_o.

2. Mark...nice work. I also spent a couple of hours today on a flora shoot with the 105. Need to figure out how to use pbase so that I can share some of my work. Take care!

3. One of these days, you will actually stop a lens down....

nice shot....I'm thinking this 85mm might be my next lens....maybe....

You know, you're not a great help to my wallet...first you sell me on the 35mm f/2D... then had me contemplating 35-70 f/2.8D... and now this....

4. rubendparra

rubendparra Guest

Nice shot i got this with a 85 1.4 and a ET. no pp

523473531_52ed298f1f_b.

5. OMG.... I love this, very inspiring! Thank you :smile:

6. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

ty Gordon ...can't wait to see it:biggrin:

7. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Jimmy....choose you're weapon:biggrin:

8. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

very nice ruben..;-)

9. Neat shot -- beautiful colors. There's just something about those 85s, huh.

I was wondering the same thing about my 70-200 as I was wandering around downtown late yesterday looking for "contrasts". I rounded a corner about dark and came face to face with the below with a lens most long as my arm attached. I thought, "sure -- why not, there's some great contrast here". :biggrin:

70-200 at 170MM, F4 at a stupid slow shutter speed.

Phil

10. tasnim_fahim

tasnim_fahim

Oct 2, 2006
    riyadh
    creamy shot, Nuteshack. Love the colors.

Regards

11. tasnim_fahim

tasnim_fahim

Oct 2, 2006
    riyadh

12. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Phil ...nice shot (gotta love that VR)...thanks for the kind words, Tas....;-))

13. nute, excellant shot as always - i think it is time to crown you the 'bokeh king'. I noticed you didn't use the words 'yummy' this time :). I know the 85 1.4 is considered the best of the best for bokeh, but how does the 85 1.8 compare ? Would you say the 85 1.8 has the best bokeh out of the lenses you have used ?

14. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Daniel ...i've always thought the bokeh from this lens was/is simular to the bokeh from the 80-200 2.8...i really don't know if there is a "best" for bokeh. there are some that are very harsh and what i would call, inacurate. but as far as "best' goes, NO clue. too subjective for me to tag that one ....;-))