85 1.8 vs 180 2.8 vs Sigma 70-200 2.8

fwiw I think you made the right choice. For what you are shooting you really only need two lenses, a WA zoom and a tele zoom (both at 2.8). With that kit, you should be able to cover 90% of situations adequately (read strobist or look at karlgrobl.com - both are photojournalists, both only carry two lenses). That of course is not to say there aren't occasions where something elses is warranted or wanted but your general needs should pretty well be met with those two. Enjoy.

Z

ZBaum

Thanks everyone. I guess the 85 and 180 will just have to wait for another day.

Congratulations Zach. I'm sure this will work well for you. I'd advise getting the collar for this lens. It'll make a world of difference when you mount it on a tri/monopod. I think Sigma sells them for about $60-70.

Let's see some photos when you get the lens.

Z

ZBaum

Congratulations Zach. I'm sure this will work well for you. I'd advise getting the collar for this lens. It'll make a world of difference when you mount it on a tri/monopod. I think Sigma sells them for about $60-70.

Let's see some photos when you get the lens.

Yeah, I wouldn't dare mount it on a tripod without using a collar on the lens..last thing I need is a bent lens mount on my D70. I looked on Sigma's site, but couldn't find any collars. B&H has the TS-41 collar that fits a number of their lenses, but it costs $150.

Latest threads

Top Bottom