85/2.8 PC and some flowers

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by smera, Aug 13, 2005.

1. smera

smera

Aug 11, 2005
    Brasil
    Hello friends,

First time using the 85/2.8 PC, after acquiring the D2X. All shots untilted and unshifted, with natural light.

original.

original.

original.

original.

2. Smera,

Nice work and tack sharp
    i mainly use that lens for portrait work.

I did not know they had dutch tulips in brasil ??

alex

3. Really nice images with great color saturation. My favorite is the first one. The white edge lining on the flowers really makes this shot.

4. smera

smera

Aug 11, 2005
    Brasil
    Hi Alex, Hi Gordon

Thanks for the comments.

Alex,

Can't precisely say when we began breeding tulips here but, to my knowledge, they were imported from Holland.

By the way, how do you like the Fuji S3, compared to your D2H ?

Hope to talk to you soon.

Regards

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice work, Roberto. The colors are wonderfully saturated and the green stems and leaves look great in the shallow DOF.

6. Great demonstration of the 85 PC even if untilted/-shifted. Can't wait to try mine but I have to wait till I return from my holiday.
    Cheers

7. Hi Roberto ,

That's a difficult question.
    The s3 s a good camera, but i expected more wehn i switched from s2 to s3. The body is much better design, but the camera is so sloooooooow and the raw files are huge. I am still not convinced if i will keep it.
    At this moment i somehow prefer the d2h. It's a better handling body, it's lightning fast and the AF is much better.
    I have just one wish : the fuji ccd in the d2h would be great.

I was thinking about the d2x, but it's to expensive for me at the monent. I don't earn any money with photography.
    I see more and more posts that the d2hS is also a superb camera, with less noise than the d2h and even the d2x.
    Mayby when one passes by used, i buy that one.

alex

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shots Roberto. I've heard really good things about the 85PC, and you have demonstrated how good it really is. Good saturation and color from the S3 too.

Welcome to the Cafe BTW. I look forward to many more shots like these. :wink: