85 f/3.5 dx vr ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes no sense. Since when does an 85mm prime require twenty-five elements? The current 1.8 and 1.4 versions are both under ten elements.

That makes no sense. Since when does an 85mm prime require twenty-five elements? The current 1.8 and 1.4 versions are both under ten elements.

I count 16 elements, though that is more than double the ones in the 1.8 and 1.4.

Next rumour please …

What they need is :
50-135mm f2.0 dx,
16-50mm f2.0 dx,
9-16mm f2.0 dx,

Then they can move on to all the FX lens they are behind on. :biggrin: (like the af-s 85mm 1.4, af-s 28mm 1.4, af-s 180mm 2.8, af-s 105mm f2 dc, af-s 135mm f2 dc, af-s 85mm f/1.2.)

DX is going to be around for a long time guys! My guess it's just going to get cheaper and cheaper, but it isn't going away. DX is probably perfect for 90% of photographers.

DX may suit many people and would hace suited me if they had 75 to 135 scaled to work with a smaller sensor.

But they chose not to do so, so the only game is FX

Rockingham, NC (Currently in Afghanistan)
Well, I think the thing to look for with the release of this lens is probably the co-release of an ILDC (think Panasonic G1)....

From the patent application...

"The camera may be one which has a removable imaging lens, or one that is integrated with the imaging lens. The camera may be a single-lens reflex camera, or a compact camera which does not have a quick return mirror"

re: f/2 zooms. The Olympus system also has a 2.0x crop factor with an associated increase in depth of field and decrease in sensitivity from the high pixel density, so they need the f/2 zooms. It's also much easier and feasible to design f/2 zooms for that format than for APS-C. I don't think we'll be seeing any f/2 zooms for Nikon anytime soon. There's some out there for the motion picture industry with five-figure price tags and they're gigantic too.

The number of elements does sounds suspicious but the interesting part about this rumor is the claim that it may be a macro lens. It being a macro lens would explain the relatively slow aperture.

If this is real, I would welcome it and probably get one.

~Chad

I think if NIkon wanted they can make a f/2 zoom kit for the dx system for the same price of FX zoom or maybe even cheaper. Look at the price difference of a 30 1.4 lens DX compared to FX. I agree though, I don't think they will make one, but if they really wanted to they could, and a decent price zoom f/2 kit. The olympus zooms @ f/2 are expensive, but all of there glass is expensive really, they have a 90-250mm f2.8 for $6000.00!

If they would be selling it for 200$ would you buy it ?
I think Nikon is trying to set up an affordable "prime" lens kit for cheap ( 35 - 85 and probably something around 20-25mm coming soon)

If they would be selling it for 200$ would you buy it ?
I think Nikon is trying to set up an affordable "prime" lens kit for cheap ( 35 - 85 and probably something around 20-25mm coming soon)

If they managed a 1.8 35mm DX I can't understand why they wouldn't do the same for any other prime lens. It just doesn't make sense to make it that sloooooow.

Oh and of course the answer to your question is quite obvious :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom