85mm 1.4 at Concert

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Commodorefirst, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Well,

I don't have to many images I can post from my concert outings since I don't post photos of students without permission from the parents. But here is one of my daughter with one blacked out face behind her. I am very happy with the 85 after this concert season. Over 1000 shots of various groups etc. etc. and it really has made life easier at ISO 800 on the D70. Can't wait to see what it does with the D200.

Shot manual camera setting set at f2, 1/125, ISO 800, D70, spot metering, JPG fine, tungsten WB, cropped slightly from original.

[​IMG]

2. Great quality, perfect DOF. I like this available light photo. That's an impressive camera/lens combo. Good job!

3. Very nice shot, that lens is a gem.

4. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Thanks Miriam and Don,

What is simply amazing is that I also have some slightly off focus spots where I was focused on the close eyebrow ridge so her side of her face and hair were sharp and her eye was a tiny bit soft. This one I got the catch light sharp in her eye. The other shots are useable, but for us pixel peepers out there, we (I) seem to want perfection! lol

A Very narrow dof, :)

Thanks for looking,

Wade