85mm: Wide Open @ Citi Field

I decided to take the Nikkor 85 f1.8 to Citi Field the other night, alongside the 18-200, to isolate some baseball fans in the stands. D300 at ISO 400, Center Weighted metering.

1/320 at f/1.8
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1/160 at f/1.8

1/250 at f/1.8

1/250 at f/1.8

1/500 at f/1.8

1/100 at f/1.8

1/60 at f/1.8

Last edited by a moderator:
Really nice series Dez ! Did you by chance offer that gentleman to send the portrait you took of him and his grandson ? He'd absolutely love it, it's really perfect. The old guy kind of looks like Yogi Berra too...

On a side note, go #7 ! :wink:

Really nice series Dez ! Did you by chance offer that gentleman to send the portrait you took of him and his grandson ? He'd absolutely love it, it's really perfect. The old guy kind of looks like Yogi Berra too...

On a side note, go #7 ! :wink:
Thanks :smile: The gentleman is my Father and he has the photo. I will tell him that he looks like Yogi. LOL! He hates the Yanks.

Go #7 :tongue:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
You look just like your dad - cheeks and all...! :biggrin:

These were great, Dez - fabulous job...

Pssst...btw...don't tell your dad I'm a Yankee's fan, okay...? :rolleyes:

Nice work Dez........looks like the 85mm is a sweet piece of glass. Not a bad capture of Reyes as well!

I liked the 4th & 5th ones Dez. Last night I was also thinking of taking interesting candids from the stands at the next football game versus the actual game :)

You look just like your dad - cheeks and all...! :biggrin:

These were great, Dez - fabulous job...

Pssst...btw...don't tell your dad I'm a Yankee's fan, okay...? :rolleyes:
Yeah, I get my cheeks from him :cool: Thanks for the comments Lyndee.

As for the Yanks, he says that he messed up when he failed to make me a Mets fan. I said, "it wasn't your fault. the mets back than stinked and I saw the light in the Bronx" :biggrin:

great shots Dez, shame da mets stink this year. think i'll pass on my annual trip to watch them this year
Yeah, it's too bad. I like the Mets, but I'm a Yankees fan. I want the Mets to do well but they are horrid this year, with all the injuries and all :redface:

Nice work Dez........looks like the 85mm is a sweet piece of glass. Not a bad capture of Reyes as well!
It sure is...........and was :tongue:

Great series. I love the isolation of focus in each one.

Bob
Very nice Dez.
Thanks Bob and Alex :smile:

Nice images, and yet again another thread with this lens making me want it that much more..I really cant afford to visit the site anymore.
LOL. Sorry! :redface:

I liked the 4th & 5th ones Dez. Last night I was also thinking of taking interesting candids from the stands at the next football game versus the actual game :)
Yeah. When the game gets boring, direct your attention to the stands. There's always some interesting characters there. Thanks!

hey there...maybe its just my screen but it looks like there's some severe CA on the railing and her glasses on the second picture...does anybody else see that?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom