1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

85mm: Wide Open @ Citi Field

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Dez Santana, Aug 6, 2009.

1. I decided to take the Nikkor 85 f1.8 to Citi Field the other night, alongside the 18-200, to isolate some baseball fans in the stands. D300 at ISO 400, Center Weighted metering.

1/320 at f/1.8
    [​IMG]

1/160 at f/1.8
    [​IMG]

1/250 at f/1.8
    [​IMG]

1/250 at f/1.8
    [​IMG]

1/500 at f/1.8
    [​IMG]

1/100 at f/1.8
    [​IMG]

1/60 at f/1.8
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
  2. Really nice series Dez ! Did you by chance offer that gentleman to send the portrait you took of him and his grandson ? He'd absolutely love it, it's really perfect. The old guy kind of looks like Yogi Berra too...

On a side note, go #7 ! :wink:

3. Thanks :smile: The gentleman is my Father and he has the photo. I will tell him that he looks like Yogi. LOL! He hates the Yanks.

Go #7 :tongue:

4. Amazing shots like always. Wouldn't expect anything less from you. Last shot is money lol

5. Haha! I agree, it's the best shot from the (very nice!) series.

6. Haha! Agreed on the last shot :biggrin:

Thanks!

7. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

You look just like your dad - cheeks and all...! :biggrin:

These were great, Dez - fabulous job...

Pssst...btw...don't tell your dad I'm a Yankee's fan, okay...? :rolleyes: 

8. great shots Dez, shame da mets stink this year. think i'll pass on my annual trip to watch them this year

9. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Nice work Dez........looks like the 85mm is a sweet piece of glass. Not a bad capture of Reyes as well!

10. BobW

BobW

Mar 10, 2008
    Illinois
    Great series. I love the isolation of focus in each one.

Bob

11. Very nice Dez.

12. Nice images, and yet again another thread with this lens making me want it that much more..I really cant afford to visit the site anymore.

13. Kompakt

Kompakt

Dec 13, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    I liked the 4th & 5th ones Dez. Last night I was also thinking of taking interesting candids from the stands at the next football game versus the actual game :) 

14. Thanks :smile:

Yeah, I get my cheeks from him :cool:  Thanks for the comments Lyndee.

As for the Yanks, he says that he messed up when he failed to make me a Mets fan. I said, "it wasn't your fault. the mets back than stinked and I saw the light in the Bronx" :biggrin:

Yeah, it's too bad. I like the Mets, but I'm a Yankees fan. I want the Mets to do well but they are horrid this year, with all the injuries and all :redface:

It sure is...........and was :tongue:

15. Thanks Bob and Alex :smile:

LOL. Sorry! :redface:

Yeah. When the game gets boring, direct your attention to the stands. There's always some interesting characters there. Thanks!

16. hey there...maybe its just my screen but it looks like there's some severe CA on the railing and her glasses on the second picture...does anybody else see that?

17. Yep, I see that too and I'm looking at the original file.

18. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Cool shooting D! Love the B&W!

19. Hi Dez,

Great pics thanks for sharing.

arthur

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.