1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

$899 D300's

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Montec, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Montec

Montec

Jul 26, 2007
    British Columbia
  2. Montec

Montec

Jul 26, 2007
    British Columbia
    Should have known...how do these scammers get away with it?
    Why are the authorities not knocking on their doors?

3. I should have a camera scamming business, they never go out of business! *sarcasm*

Seriously, how do these dirty, rip-off artist stay in business? They must be Mafia fronts or something.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2008
  4. ANDS

ANDS

Aug 2, 2008
    Sacramento
    They stay in business because it is very easy to open a webstore online, or have their "friends" and "neighbors" open another site online once the old one is taken down or reported for shady business practices. That's if they are taken down at all.

5. First obvious sign of a scammer (besides price)? Always look for a picture of an attractive woman wearing a headset posing as a customer service rep. I'm serious, almost every scam site uses this trick: "Relax, we're safe, look at are pretty CSR". :biggrin:

6. digitalzed

digitalzed

May 14, 2006
    N. Cal
  7. dwind

dwind Guest

Check the price of accessorys - 2 hour battery $200, 5 hours $300, 4g cf card $300 and also price of warranties.

8. I would laugh except there are 145 reviews - 99.41% of which are from people who got taken.

9. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    If it sounds too good to be true, then it usually isn't true.

I'd found that axiom to be highly accurate over the years.

No *legitimate* dealer is going to advertise a new (in demand) product for $100s less than the going rate.

Yet there are always people who bite. And that's how scammers stay in business. IF...BIG IF..folks would just think, and use a little common sense, these scammers would have long been out of business.

10. I love the customer testamonial:
    "I searched the internet for several days looking for the best deal. In the end I found the best deal with 1wayphoto. I believe that I am buying from an established and reputable business. There are a lot of scam businesses out there. I feel that I can trust 1way and that is important to me when I am spending $1,500.
    - Joel T."

"I believe I am buying from an established and reputable business" and "I feel that I can trust 1way". If trusty old Joel T. actually existed and purchased from them - wouldn't he give the testamonial after knowing that they were reputable. Who gives a testamonial based on belief of a companies reputable character. Unreal...

11. Reminds me of the Welcome Back Kotter TV show: "Juan was sick yesterday, signed Epstein's Mother".

12. Muonic

Muonic

Jun 14, 2006
  13. LA has shady people but NY takes the cake! (No offense to the nice NYers on this forum!) :smile:

14. Ron H

Ron H

Jul 5, 2005
    Phoenix
  15. JDann24

JDann24

Dec 15, 2007
    Garland, Texas
    I'm going to jump on that 128mb CF card at the fantastic price of $69.99!

16. If you're luck you'll find a microdrive, perhaps 1MB for $1000. :eek: 

17. Loki_D_Wolf

Loki_D_Wolf Guest

Seduction Sells

Funny, but true!!:Love:

18. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.