8gb?? 12gb????

What a jerk, bozolla, bad idea for sure ...

You know, Frank, that in another month they will be half the cost, then free by the time the D3H shows up, heck, by then the D27H will be announced and the D3H will be passe and only 50 cents .....

Plus, that is just WAY too many D2H size images on any one card, and if you wait a week to download you won't finish downloading let only sorting by the time you get to the next week. I mean, what the heck, are you daft or something?????

Hmmmm, think I'll go take a nap or something, that was some bizarre stream of (semi)concisousness from me, and that REALLY makes at bizarre indeed it do ..... :wink: :wink: :biggrin: :biggrin: :tongue: :tongue: :eek: :Guns:

Real Name
William Beem
OK, I did it. I know, I'm a fool for technology, but for less than $350, I just doubled my CF card capacity (previously 24GB, now 48GB). I should be able to get through an entire week of shooting without ever downloading any images. :eek: :biggrin:

And to think, my first computer had a 20MB hard drive. Shows how old I am, huh?!?? :rolleyes:
A mere pup. My first computer didn't have a hard drive. I was happy when I finally got a second floppy drive. After saving my money, I bought a 5MB Apple Profile hard drive for $1200.

Also, it snowed uphill every day while mean-spirited car drivers splashed puddles on me.

Actually Don, I was thinking of the D3H (or whatever is next). I have more than enough for the D2Hs. Just want to be sure that they will work. The huge drop in prices makes one wonder what is coming next in flash memory though, huh?
Maybe a newer technology to write the data from that D3H/X twice as fast as the current cards? The extreme IV already have a 40MB/s write speed while the Extreme III can "only" handle 20MB/s :wink:

Real Name
William Beem
I fondly remember paying over $4K for a 5MB hard disk.

Those were the days!
Ok, you win. That's far more than I paid, and I wasn't fond of letting go of $1200 back then.

However, I also remember building my own 16K RAM expansion card to get me up to 48K in my Apple ][+. I was working the midnight shift in a computer room for General Mills and soldering away while the jobs ran.

Then I started hearing beeps. Then I realized that the smoke from my soldering was about to set off the Halon. I finished the project at home from that point.

OK, I admit it, Pa is older than dirt, and many of you are trailing just behind. OTOH, I'm almost as old as dirt myself. :eek: :tongue:

Personally, I was too poor to afford a PC before they had hard drives. :rolleyes:

I was just a punk kid and poor back in the late 70s when I first laid hands on a computer. But I knew I was hooked.

The first one I actually bought was in 1980. Before that I played with a few larger computers at school and an Apple a friend had.

By the early 80s I worked for a tiny company that allowed me to buy whatever computer gear I liked as I crunched our FDA study data and other things, so I was able to buy things like hard disks when they were very very expensive.

It wasn't until 1991 that I actually joined the computer biz, and now I'm sick of the danged things.

I've got an Epson P-2000 and a couple of older models from Nixvue. These little things work great and I thought the price was right back when the 1GB Extreme III's cost $100. Not too sure today. One thing about all these units is the poor battery performance - only enough to fill around 25% or less of the drive capacity without a recharge. I rigged plug-in power boxes for mine using rechargeable AA's. I might have to start carrying a car battery if I went to some of these huge cards.:biggrin:

Andrew,

Yes, I did misunderstand. I do have an Epson P-2000 for just this purpose. Prior to (and during) my trip to Merritt in Feb, I only had a few GB of CF storage though, and with the D200, I was constantly dumping cards. Shouldn't have to do that now. :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Thanks,
The difference between the Hyperdrive and the P2000 is speed of downloading data from CF card to the portable storage device. The Hyperdrive is a champ at doing this.

One "bad" thing is there's no LCD screen to view your pics and show off to friends. :smile:

Just an FYI for those that might be interested, the 12GB Extreme III works fine in the D2Hs. I'll only get 2,500 to 2,700 shot per card though. :eek: :biggrin:

Geez Frank! I have been shooting two softball games a day with the D2H no problem. Since I have been without the camera for a while I forgot what cards I was using. I thought there was a 4GB card in there...but it's only 2GB and I have no problem. How cool is that? On the other hand I shot the D200 yesterday to get some poster sized print and ran through a 4GB card.

Yep, the H is perfrect (until the sun goes down)....

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom