9.11.08 World Trade Center Lights

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Wowzer, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Wowzer

Wowzer

Sep 17, 2006
    NYC
  2. rsirota

rsirota

Aug 6, 2008
    New Lenox, IL
    very nice...

3. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    beautiful shot

I need to get down there more at night

4. Wowzer

Wowzer

Sep 17, 2006
    NYC
    Thanks for the words, rsirota. Wish we didn't have to see those twin lights coming up...the world's become such a different place in the last 7 yrs.

5. Wowzer

Wowzer

Sep 17, 2006
    NYC

Ya...Mood, it's a great view at night. I find that I like the early morning view the best, but for some reason, the city just photographs much nicer at night.

6. rsirota

rsirota

Aug 6, 2008
    New Lenox, IL
    Amen to that... Will life ever be normal again?

7. Wowzer

Wowzer

Sep 17, 2006
    NYC
    Hopefully after GW Bush gets out of office, life will come back to near normalcy. No matter Rep or Dem whoever gets in, it will be better for America. GW is a nutter. I think both McCain and Barack are decent are decent candidates, unlike 4 yrs ago.

8. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Great job, Wowzer! Thank you for sharing. :smile:

9. RvUsa

RvUsa

Feb 15, 2008
    Darlington, Pa
    Wow, I am speechless!

10. Very nice job... I didn't get to go over to the side by River Cafe. I agree with others... the world has changed quite a bit during the last 7 yrs.

11. Ruff Draft

Ruff Draft

Sep 2, 2007
    Michigan
    Wow, I wish i was there.

12. Very nice shot. This is a fitting reminder to such a tragic period in our history.

Not to rant, but I heard on the news that this may be the final year for the lights as funding for this yearly memorial has run out. That would be a tragedy if money caused this memorial to cease when you consider how much money is wasted yearly by federal, state and local government.

13. Wowzer

Wowzer

Sep 17, 2006
    NYC
    I am certain that funding will not be an issue...NY is a rich city afterall. The lights can't be beyond what NYC can pay. The real problem is that construction will be starting at the site and they wont be able to setup the lights anymore. I know that the pundits talk about money, but I think the logistics of the lights makes it impossible to setup again.

Was anyone at the memorial for the Flight 93 or Pentagon? I haven't seen any pictures from those 2 places. We should remember all those who died on that day. Yet even on that tragic day, I saw something that was truly inspiring and heartening...I was called in to the hospital that day and we took care of over 200 victims. The usual hospital nonsense was gone (i.e. that's not my job, I'm on break, etc, etc). Everyone just showed up and dug in to help. We were getting boluses of patients via EMS and everyone came in like sugar powered donuts...EMS, patients, the ambulances, everything. From our janitors to our CEO, everyone came together to join in assisting their fellow Americans. It was a small triumph in the face of a colossal tragedy.

Again, thanks for all the positive comments regarding the photos. 9/11/01 will be a day to remember forever.

14. You do realize that the lights do not come from Ground Zero, right?

They come from the top of a parking lot in Battery Park City.... In fact it's the parking lot right above the Battery Tunnel exit.

110145426_dQhyb-L.jpg

15. Very nicely taken, WOWZER:wink:

16. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Wonderful image. Your gallery is also quite nice !!!!