1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

9 years years ago today

Discussion in 'People' started by Nuteshack, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

my mom died. 46 years ago today my wife Laurie was born. She's one ina billion and my best friend:smile:

this capture 11/6/06, Doernbecher Children's Hospital.

d50/50 1.4 @2.8, 8x10 crop.

2880296844_f65c88c5d0_o.
    NIKON D50    ---    50mm    f/2.8    1/50s   

:Love:

2. Beautiful !! That's all I will say................

Will be passing on the information tonight as discussed, thanks!

3. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Geoff...and God's best for your friends:biggrin:

4. PhotogWannabe

PhotogWannabe

Mar 19, 2007
    BC
    I feel for you. Three years ago today my mom died.

5. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

wow Paul...there's a sore spot in my heart, it never goes away. i'm sure we all feel it that way.

6. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I absolutely love to read a man in love with his wife. I can't tell you how wonderful that is to read! You rock Nute! Your wife is a lucky woman. BTW...your wife is so beautiful!

7. It's hard when there is a sad memory on a day that should only be a happy day. My parents have both been ill the past while and it makes me so sad to see them getting older. I realize that the number of years I have left with them in this life is limited. It shows what kind of person you are that you still think about your mom and the day she died.

Your wife is beautiful. It's so wonderful when our spouses can also be our best friends. Hope her birthday was wonderful. I'm sure you did your best to make it that way.:biggrin:

8. Beautiful photo of Laurie, Nute. I hope she has a wonderful birthday.

9. Hmmmm..she looks like like she is thinking of a divorce to me.

10. Did you NOT see the info on where this was taken!?! AT THE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL!! She has a look of worry for her child, and that to me IS a BEAUTIFUL and REAL emotion. If only ALL mothers and fathers cared half as much as her this world would be a better place.

11. I might be wrong,but in hospital she heared that her daughter is doing fine.Its here 46th birthday.I would look reliefed or happy.

12. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
    Rob,

It's clearly stated by Nute that the image was taken in November 2006, not today.

What's going on with your posts here and in the Kaylee thread?
    Is there a reason for all this negativity. :confused: 

13. Michael

Michael

Jun 30, 2005
    Mid-Michigan
    Sorry on the 9th anniversary of your mother but congrats to your beautiful wife. Very stunning picture showing raw emotion; can't say enough good things about it. Knowing the story - where and when this was taken makes it even more stunning. Thanks so much for posting this. Novices like myself need to see more of this type of photography...

14. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Poor mama... the stress and fear must have been really hard for her (and you).

I'm really happy to hear Kaylee is so much better.

15. I overlooked the date.My sincere appolacy to this remark about your wife Nute.
    I realy thought it was a recent picture.

16. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks Seneca...i'm the lucky one here:Love:

17. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks much for the kind words, everyone.....;-)))

18. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    Your wife is very beautiful! Very lovely.

19. All the best for your family and happy birthday to your wife.

20. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks again ....;-)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.